Visual Design Art Intern
Job Id: 5088
Riot Visual Design Art Interns seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, layout, typography, and color theory. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
We are looking for Visual Design interns in the following products:
Consumer Products and Expressions
As a Visual Design Art Intern for Consumer Products and Expressions, you will work closely with visual designers, 3D modelers, and brand managers to create social media assets, website graphics, packaging designs, and print-ready production files. Using the fundamentals of design, you will help bring League of Legends, VALORANT, Arcane, and many more Riot Games brands to gamers across the world through our clothing, figures, and collectibles.
League of Legends PC
The role of a Visual Design Art intern on the Motivations Art and Design Team is to contribute to the ideation, development and production of game UI experiences for League of Legends PC both in League’s PC Client and game–including features such as Event Pass, Loot, Store, Lobby, and more. Scope of responsibilities covers working with UX designers, product and engineers to bring interactive experiences to life and to players through world class designs. You’ll work within the League of Legends style and brand, contribute to robust design libraries, and work illustrated art assets and iconography.
As a Visual Design Art Intern in the Player Platform group, you will work closely with visual and UX designers, researchers, product owners, and engineers across multiple product teams to deliver polished out-of-game player experiences. You’ll make our products come to life through your understanding of design principles and user experience best practices while aligning with our scalable UI systems.
- Work with other visual designers toward a collective, creative vision
- Create visually balanced and intuitive web and social media assets that show a strong grasp of readability, hierarchy, and brand identity.
- Create vectors and other digital art that helps extend our brand to licensees.
- Assist in creating brand guides and trend guides in InDesign.
- Design beyond the latest trends and work with a wide range of styles
- Have a collaborative attitude with an openness to learn
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 weeks at our Los Angeles headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Some combination of skills within the following: typography, iconography, color theory, visual hierarchy, layout, and branding.
- Experience in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign
- Experience with creating graphics for web and print
- Experience working with a team of creatives toward a common goal
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
General Portfolio Advice:
- Please limit application submission to 1 role. You will automatically be considered for similar roles based on your portfolio
- Online format is preferred (Artstation, personal websites, etc.)
- If you have private work that is under NDA, please include the password in your application. Otherwise, we recommend you do not password protect your portfolio
- Test that your portfolio or reel is accessible. Please include access to your portfolio on your resume in addition to the application form in case the link breaks
- Ensure your portfolio showcases your best work
- Fan Art? Sure! It shows your versatility as it relates directly to our art style
- Depending on the role, immersing yourself in the game to get the feel, tone and look can go a long way for your portfolio
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
(Los Angeles, CA only) Hourly range between $37.40 USD - $39.62 USD
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).