VCS Product Lead
Job Id: REQ-0006456
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As our VCS Product lead, you will report to the Head of LoL Esports for APAC, directly manage the operations team in Vietnam and work with the Product and competitive operations teams based in Singapore, providing oversight, mentorship and best practices. You will join a lean but impactful team of sports professionals to support the governance and operation of the most sophisticated esports ecosystems in the world. In line with product goals, you and your team will execute the vision for the competitive ecosystem across League of Legends esports in the region and foster a healthy business environment for teams and professional players alongside world-class esports entertainment for fans.
In addition to your leadership role in executing the product vision, you will also be designing, building, and articulating the development of the product for years to come.
- Directly support the Vietnam Championship Series and work with local vendors, publishers, and esports operators to develop the ecosystem.
- Partner with the Regional Competitive Operations leads, Regional Product Leads and Global Strategy Leads, to further develop the competitive pyramid with the goal of ensuring that Riot Esports maintains its position as the most engaging and fan-focused competition in sports with a path to pro that is clear and accessible.
- Oversee the execution of Player Engagement initiatives in Vietnam to ensure players are supported at the outset of their career, during their career, and after they’ve retired
- Provide guidance and oversight to the Vendors and Esports operators in Vietnam for the execution of match operations and league management and ensure best practices are shared and implemented across all competitions
- Partner with Regional teams in the Content Services team to oversee and develop best practices for the continued development of the product. This includes analyzing viewership data, audience behavioral trends, and championing your ideas to drive positive viewership and continued business health of the ecosystem.
- Understand the ecosystem and its stakeholders like the back of your hand. This includes understanding the issues faced and the unique perspective of every major player in the ecosystem - Teams, fans, partners, organizers, and players.
- Lead a strong Vendor in Vietnam, that is focused on the day-to-day aspects of Competition Management, Broadcast production, and product design.
- You have a minimum of 4+years experience in the field of sports consulting, management or esports operations.
- You have a minimum of 1-2+ years experience managing teams
- You are capable of using your excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively work and negotiate with internal and external partners and sponsors
- You have a proven track record managing high performing teams and a track record of achieving excellent results
- You are a fan of sports or esports
- You speak Vietnamese
- You have experience participating in sports or competitive gaming
- You have experience leading successful contractual negotiations
- You have the ability to travel between Singapore and Vietnam throughout the competitive year
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic pro