资深技术策划, VALORANT/Technical Product Manager, VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0005552
As a Technical Product Manager, you will manage prodcutiopn pipeline, influence, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Technical Product Manager III working on the VALORANT CN team you will be handling various aspects of VALORANT features which may include competition system, modes, etc. You need a broad knowledge of Shooting games and be ready for versatile missions.You will help with the technical capabilities of the VAL CN Production team, helping to build tools, process and help other designers with different technical aspects.
You will report to the Production lead in China.
While this is primarily a Product role - the requirements also include engineering competency.
Management of Pipeline:
- Breaks down barriers that inhibit the team's ability to accelerate, and build new workflows when needed.
- Identifies and architects major changes to designer tools and workflows independently.
Embroad Product Vision:
- Sees how solutions impact the long-term success of the product. Measure Designs lead to long term player engagement. Individual designs impact the overall product in a positive way. Script and prototype shippable content and features
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces in collaboration with Engineers and Design Leadership.
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Work with other disciplines to take content and features from conception to our players’ hands.
- Owns and sets vision over design relevant portions of the code for their team.
- Playtest VALORANT and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
- Assist other designers in optimal ways of building content and features that allow us to develop quickly and efficiently now and in the future.
- Help identity and put in place tools, processes and best practices that set the design team and their collaborators up for success.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Shipped or worked on at least one published online competitive or Action game
- At least act as Technical Role(Designer/ Engineer/TA) in one Action game.
- Extensive knowledge of Unreal 4 technologies, familiarity with Blueprints
- Can create and improve complex systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects
- Can use existing frameworks to develop novel solutions and reverse-engineer designs
- Passionate about the competitive or tactical shooter genres
- Familiarity with online shooters, especially VALORANT and/or tactical shooters
- Ability to predict outcomes of game design decisions on players and other content
- Experience with AI design and execution will be a good plus
- Experience with 3C framework or Animation technology will be a good plus
- 2+ years experience developing in C++ with the ability to create code contributions in specific parts of a complex codebase.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).