VALORANT Game Designer II - Agents
Job Id: 4837
As a Game Designer, you will design, tweak, and optimize the player experience. Your analytical skills, player insight, and creativity aid in crafting in- and out-of-game experiences that engage and surprise players. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and work with every tool at hand to innovate and iterate player-focused designs that'll delight millions around the world.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Game Designer II working on the VALORANT Agents team you will design and deliver world-class agents that continue to surprise and delight players. You will deeply understand the tactical loop and the principles we utilize to develop approachable, yet masterful agents. You will be responsible for monitoring and maintaining the live health of the game, ensuring that agents in VALORANT are creating the best possible experience for our players. You will report to the Lead Agent Designer.
- Design gameplay content and systems with a focus on Agents and live balance
- Work with other disciplines to take content and features from conception to our players’ hands.
- Script and prototype shippable content and features
- Seek opportunities for new design spaces in collaboration with Product Managers and Design Leadership.
- Create and provide multiple potential designs and solutions. Articulate trade-offs and risks between different options.
- Playtest VALORANT and help push for continued improvements for existing designs and fresh prototypes.
- 3+ years of experience in professional Game Design
- Shipped or worked on at least one AAA+ online competitive game
- Can create and improve complex systems with attention to the player impacts and downstream effects
- Deep familiarity with FPS games or competitive games
- Ability to predict outcomes of game design decisions on players and other content
- Can use existing frameworks to develop novel solutions and reverse-engineer designs
- Deep / high-ranked play within the competitive or tactical shooter genres
- Familiarity with online shooters, especially VALORANT and/or tactical shooters
- Views potential 'charged' player feedback as an opportunity to better understand and improve the product.
- Can balance the tension between game balance and excitement when generating content
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $99,000 USD - $139,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).