VALORANT Esports Product Manager
Job Id: REQ-0006344
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Esports is changing shape every year at a fast pace, and since its inception we were sure VALORANT would be a genre defining FPS game and esport. With the fast growth of global and regional VALORANT esports scenes, Brazil has also been the stage for a transformation in esports, with a thriving ecosystem of teams and partners supporting Riot to grow the sport and create innovative, sustainable and leading products and operations. Identifying strategic opportunities to enable and support VALORANT esports growth, building a thriving sports ecosystem for long term development and ensuring a focus on Brazilian fans and esports communities when developing products - this is what we aim when we look for a VALORANT Esports Product Manager.
The VALORANT Esports Product Manager will lead in the strategies for VALORANT Esports to keep on its growth, as well as deploying new local ecosystems (professional, semi professional, amateur), as well as support the global ecosystem growth with the local perspective of our region. You will work on new strategies and come up with innovative products that redefine the experience and drive sustainability. You will find the right synergy between game and esports, and work closely with internal and external stakeholders, across multiple teams including product and publishing, to create engaging features and redefine the viewing experience of future sports. You will use data and key metrics to drive insights about the performance of Riot esports.
What Does the Ideal Candidate Look Like?
A VALORANT Esports Product Manager is a passionate and engaging person that lives gaming and esports. You are meticulously organized and amazing at project management; your skills at moving multiple tasks to completion are legendary. As an influential people-person, your interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and inspire others are second nature. As a visionary, you are interested in the possibilities of the Esports business and love to analyze the performance of current products as well as to find opportunities to innovate.
- Be a motivated, self-starter with 3-5 years experience in eSports, entertainment or traditional sports programs
- Be passionate about FPS esports and be a part of the FPS esports fan community
- Possess excellent leadership, communication and management skills
- Create and maintain a product portfolio, consolidating strategy and KPIs for each VALORANT Esports product and be responsible for its performance analysis.
- Be able to understand/discuss Riot Esports overall strategy and create product strategies for the different ecosystems, as well as identify audience requirements, product requirements and delivery plans that will go from product conceptualization to implementation and performance tracking.
- Work in partnership with other Esports leaders (content, broadcast, operations, league ops) to adjust product plans and strategies to viable products and operations, identifying key requirements and outcomes. To support this partnerships, must be conversationally adept in the various components that make up an Esports program.
- Be able to identify third party potential partnerships (from tournament organizers to more specific players in the VALORANT Esports ecosystem), negotiate and manage collaborative Esports programs
- Maintain awareness of industry and related trends and best practices to identify opportunities to leverage or improve our programs
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games may consider relocation costs support for candidates chosen from outside of our office city.