UX Designer II, Store - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0006618
As a UX Designer II on VALORANT, you will be responsible for delivering design work in a high-scope, complex, and often ambiguous product area. Your work will be focused on building out VALORANT's Player Expression experience, including how players interact with the Store, acquire new items, and showcase their collection to other players. VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (Find out more info on VALORANT).
As a member of the User Experience Design team, you will be trusted to design solutions that help players navigate all aspects of our game. Your work will generally encompass multiple features and sometimes span across teams. You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You will work from concept through development, participate in agile product development, and partner closely with other UX Designers, Visual Designers, Researchers, Producers, and Engineers to achieve common goals. You will report to the Expressions UX Manager.
- Support high-level design in developing intuitive control schemes and UX flows.
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation.
- Communicate ideas and collaborate across teams to create designs in-game.
- Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering and UI support) to show proof of concept.
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players.
- Articulate design decisions and communicate your data-informed vision, design rationale and solutions to team members.
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., Strategy articulation, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- 3-5 years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms as a User Experience Designer or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Figma for design library management and prototyping, experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience with Unreal Engine
We will review your work as part of the application process, so please provide a portfolio link or work samples with your application.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base salary range of $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.