Travel Network Engineer III - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0005584
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience with industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker that will make our ambitions come to life.
As a Travel Network Engineer in the Global Technology Group, you will help shape and drive the planning, execution and maintenance of the network that powers Riot’s esports events around the world. With an understanding that we support both Global and Regional esports so you will need to iterate on scalable designs that can be deployed easily in the best of times, or efficiently execute disaster recovery workflows in the worst of times.
This role will require international travel as we support global events working inside and outside the US. Expected travel is up to 40% per year.
- Manage and support networks that power Riot’s global events and competitive environments
- Actively engages other teams in order to build resilience into the system and across features
- Ensures systems are appropriately documented, and that documentation is maintained.
- Actively manages ambiguity within complex and diverse problem spaces, breaking down problems and clearly communicating tradeoffs throughout development
- Supports global events on-site & remotely
- Occasionally required to lift 50 lbs
- Occasionally required to push/pull road cases
Required Technical Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience with Layer 2/3 networks
- Understanding of Layer 2 switching
- Understanding of network security
- Experience with the TCP/IP protocol stack
- CCNA/JNCIA certifications or equivalent experience
- CCNP/JNCIP (enterprise routing/switching)
- Experience with Palo Alto appliances
- Experience supporting traveling events, roadshows or conferences
- Live Production experience
- Experiencing designing and implementing layer 3 networks, MPLS, BGP & Pseudowires/L2VPN, Multicast, PIM, IPFM
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $143,000 USD - $201,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).