Systems Engineer - League, China Game Operations
Job Id: REQ-0006367
As a Systems Engineer on the China Game Operation team, you will join the effort of shipping and leveling up incredible player experiences in China. You will build toolkits and services that unlock the ability for Riot developers to rapidly deliver services to our partners in China. You will also cultivate trust and technical operation collaboration with games across products like League of Legends, Player Platform, as well as the Tencent Operation and QA teams.
- Align highly autonomous Riot and Tencent teams towards a shared vision and roadmap
- Define, implement and maintain the integration/release environments as well as service delivery procedures, while mitigating risks and managing tradeoffs
- Automate administration, deployment, configuration management, reporting and other operational procedures
- Automate testing to drive the deployment of the system while ensuring quality
- Oversee game operations in our partner region, take ownership of operational excellence and be the point of contact for troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving production issues
- Business fluency in Mandarin and English, able to drive effective collaboration across language and culture
- 2+ years of Systems Engineering or relevant experiences
- Solid script language skills (Python, Shell, Golang, etc)
- Familiarity with software release management and deployment (Git, Perforce, CI/CD, etc)
- Experience developing / operating high-capacity, high-availability, and high-performant software in production environments
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience with Docker and orchestration of containerized services
- Experience with Linux, network, service virtualization, databases and popular open source applications
- Strong bias of action and ownership
- Awareness of Agile principles
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $101,000 USD - $141,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.