Staff Software Engineer - League of Legends Monetisation
Job Id: REQ-0006248
As Software Engineers at Riot, we bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and also value the opportunity to work in multiple broader domains. We work with exciting technology, overcoming high-volume obstacles and delivering value to players.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the League of Legends Monetisation team, you'll report to the team's Engineering Manager. You will own and develop core back-end services and player-facing front-ends that provide engaging store, loot, and events experiences for League of Legends. You will work across technology stacks to achieve reliable and performant player experiences. You will exercise your skills to work in a diverse group, being a trusted technology partner to product owners.
- Develop and test player content experiences in the League of Legends client
- Contribute to architecture requirements and design
- Design and enhance League microservices
- Write unit and integration tests
- Code reviews
- Participate in the team's on-call rotation
- Enhance build and deployment tooling
- Improve product visibility through telemetry and analytics
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of deep programming experience with Java
- Experience working with Product Owners / Development Managers / Designers
- Experience building RESTful microservices
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
- Experience developing fault tolerant, distributed systems including analysis, design and work breakdown
- Experience in test automation, operational best practices, implementing automated builds, software packaging, automated deployments, logging, monitoring, and automated alerting
- Experience working with game development
- Experience working across multiple teams
- Proficiency in HTML, CSS, and modern JS
- Experience mentoring junior engineers
- Experience developing software with C++
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on our players, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.