Staff/Lead Software Engineer (Data) - Riot Data, Developer Experiences
Job Id: REQ-0006122
Riot Engineers bring knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team goals. You'll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Staff Software Engineer on the Developer Experiences (DevX) team, you will have the chance to build frameworks and services that allow Fandom and Experiences Data Engineers and Data Scientists to deploy and manage data pipelines and services. Challenges will range from protecting player's privacy, organizing and optimizing data warehouses using big data tools and cloud-based servers, building a framework for ingesting data and serving real-time analytics. You will report into the Engineering Manager of the Central Data Warehouse team.
- Create and operate tools and services to provide better developer experience
- Lead the design and implementation of new software components
- Find and realize cost-effective solutions in different problem spaces such as application, deployment automation, service discovery, and monitoring
- Produce comprehensive user documentation around your implemented solutions
- Teach, support, and guide other engineers to improve the technical bar and establish lasting mentorship relationships
- Provide ongoing maintenance, support, and enhancements in existing frameworks
- Be on rotational on-call for live product support and operational assessment
- Provide meaningful code review for other members of the team
- Implement new components and feature sets for our data solutions in multiple problem spaces including backend services, deployment, and monitoring
- Attend stand-ups and team rituals, and work with other software engineers to achieve team goals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years experience in as a software engineer across the full software development cycle
- 4+ years experience in Python and SQL
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins or GitHub actions
- Knowledge within a diverse set of public cloud technologies: AWS RDS, S3, EC2, EKS, Lambda, etc.
- Experience with open source ETL frameworks such as Airflow, Luigi, or similar
- Depth of experience with designing, prioritizing, and maintaining high-capacity, high-availability, and software in Agile and DevOps environment
- Experience with data engineering or data pipeline
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Spark and Kafka
- Understand distributed systems, light weight micro-services, and software at high scale.
- API services using Golang
- Java, Scala, or similar OO experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).