Staff C++ Software Engineer - Player Platform, Riot SDK
Job Id: REQ-0006548
Riot engineers bring knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer in the Player Platform, Riot SDK team, you'll help Riot bring our software development kits to console platforms.
This team creates development solutions for Riot's internal game teams and external game studios who are looking to build games powered by Riot's Player Platform. You will keep the game developers' experience in mind as you lead software architecture, solutions, and implementation details, ensuring game developers can easily and natively integrate with Player Platform's services and capabilities.
The SDK team creates solutions that allow creators (internal & 3rd party game studios) to securely and reliably publish their games and services to all players across the world. Together, we'll ensure that games like VALORANT, Legends of Runeterra, and beyond will reach and delight players worldwide.
You will report to the Manager, Software Engineering our SDK initiative
- Contribute to architecture and solutions that support integrations with console platforms
- Partner with project leads and quality leads in defining and grooming high-level user stories
- Be an individual contributor on the team, where appropriate building reference implementations, tackling challenging and ambiguous technical solutions, and conducting design and coding reviews
- Lead a process in defining technical outcomes and solutions that create cohesive and natural developer experiences for Riot's game developers
- Establish strong connections with engineers on the team, providing engineers with guidance, mentorship, and support
- Work with game team's technical leads in wholly understanding development needs and challenges when working with central technologies at Riot.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of job experience across software
- 8+ years of experience in a software engineering role (i.e. software, systems, architecture)
- Experience shipping multiple games to at least one of the following platforms: XBox One, PS4, Nintendo Switch
- Significant hands-on experience with two or more of the following programming languages: C/C++, Java, C#, Objective-C/Swift.
- Familiarity with "Infrastructure as Code" and tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
- Familiarity with Cloud Platform providers like AWS or GCP
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this is the role for you!
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better, We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we're excited to hear from you. Don't be discouraged if you feel you don't fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there's always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you! Don't forget to include a resume. We receive many applications, but we'll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.