Sr. Manager, Technical Program Management (Data) - Riot Data Products
Job Id: REQ-0003493
The Sr Manager, Technical Program Management ensures the members of the cross disciplined teams can effectively move products and features through the development cycle and out to the customers. You're passionate about understanding how the needs of the customer, the direction of the business, the health of the team and the critical elements of our products are translated into action.
As a Senior Manager of Technical Program Management on the Riot Data team, you will work closely with the Head of Data and the data leadership team. You will establish the processes for developing and delivering large-scale data products. You'll help shape the operational strategy to encourage ownership and delivery excellence within the Riot Data Products team.
- Develop and execute the operational strategy of the team - Operational review, Issue Management, Data org communication strategy etc.
- Develop the work systems used throughout the team, including how teams report status back to the business unit, and how multi-team work is coordinated.
- Ensure clear accountability, timelines, and change management to achieve timely, high-quality results.
- Identify and mitigate risks and to ensure programs maintain forward momentum toward clear outcomes.
- Work with executive leadership and key business partners serving as the core spokesperson for programs.
- Facilitate continuous improvement and cross-organization events in collaboration with other functional leaders.
- Ensure processes are optimized for team effectiveness.
- Develop systems to ensure problems with delivery are regularly and quickly diagnosed and addressed.
- Ensure stakeholders and customers are always up-to-date on commitments made and how the delivery is going.
- Ensure that conflicts within and between teams are resolved effectively.
- Ensure psychological safety, healthy feedback culture and conflict management within and between teams.
- Manage a team of technical program managers who are leading projects.
- 7-12+ years of experience managing and delivering large-scale programs.
- Developed and executed processes for software products through the entire life cycle.
- Knowledge and experience using a deep toolkit of development methodologies, and experience in adapting to new situations.
- Experience in the development, design, operation, and improvement of systems appropriate to the outputs of the business unit and development effectiveness.
- Experience with the data space.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $168,000 USD - $234,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.