Senior Visual Designer, UI - Legends of Runeterra
Job Id: REQ-0005929
Riot Visual Designers seek to craft the best player experiences through their knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory and illustration. Designers collaborate with cross disciplinary teams and act as both artistic and design problem solvers. They understand players and ask questions about the what, who and how when solving for an interface or communication challenge.
As a Senior Visual Designer on the Legends of Runeterra team, you will develop and execute visuals and UI to support new game modes and events and products. Working with other visual designers and your art lead, you will develop style guides and improve upon our existing UI work in and around the game. You will report to the Art Manager on the team.
- Work cross functionally to execute the creative vision and strategy for your initiative
- Create visually balanced and intuitive interfaces that show a strong grasp of readability, hierarchy, platform and player behavior patterns
- Extend themes throughout the project establishing style guides and conventions
- Understand concepts and process behind the guides, but also know when to break the rules
- Collaborate with art, game design, and UX design to create a compelling visual experience that meets the goals for player interaction
- Create assets through each stage of development, driving the development of concepts from early ideation all the way to implementation in game engine
- Use deep knowledge of systemic design, graphic design, interactivity, layout, typography, color theory, and illustration to create seamless player experience
- Possess a growth mindset, seeking mentorship from the discipline artists and community
- Establish the quality bar for your discipline
- Hands-on experience contributing to a major feature, game, product launch, or entertainment property through the craft of visual communication design.
- 5+ years of professional experience as a Visual Designer, UI Designer, or UI Artist
- Expert knowledge of Adobe CC products including photoshop
- Knowledge of the game development pipeline including optimization, localization, implementation
- Experience in Figma
- Familiarity with Unity
- Experience in a secondary area such as motion graphics, illustration, animation, or modeling is a plus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.