Senior Technical Producer - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0006171
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds championship, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience.
The Esports Core Experience team is Riot’s big bet in the area of “Reinventing the Watch Experience.” You can read more about that in our CEO’s blog, “Calling the shot: the Next Five Years at Riot Games.” We are looking for passionate, innovative individuals with a keen eye and ear for fan behaviors. In addition to a large internal team working on this, we are working with external development partners that have specialized expertise who are helping us scale our delivery.
As the Technical Producer III for the Core Experience team you will lead production for a group that uses a mix of internal development teams and multiple external development partners who collectively have 40+ people working in this area. You will be responsible for bridging the organization boundaries and ensuring there is a shared understanding of the product vision, delivery schedule, and quality bar. You will also be responsible for ensuring we have appropriate milestone checkpoints, quality assessments, and that our external teams are tracking our schedule and budget and communicating accurate status to stakeholders and executives.
You will report to the Senior Manager, Production for the Esports Fandom and Watch Experiences initiative.
- Coordinate and collaborate with a small team of other producers to collectively guide and lead the teams to execute against the feature roadmap to high quality and on time
- Manage the collaboration with external dev teams consisting of 40+ people
- Work with internal and external production and product management teams to ensure we have a shared understanding of the product vision and schedule
- Manage cross-team internal/external dependency coordination
- Assess & improve delivery health through velocity metrics and troubleshooting
- Provide data to help facilitate group playtesting and feedback gathering
- Ensure external team's work matches overall project priorities and goals
- Provide essential product feedback and insight to the team and leadership
- Manage internal communication of budget, schedule, quality, of the external development team
- Managing stakeholder expectations through interpreting and communicating stages to invested audiences
- 8+ years of experience as a Producer with experience leading and coordinating cross organization and/or external development teams
- Experience working on technical initiatives and technical product development and a capability to deeply engage with customers and development teams in technical discussions
- Shipped multiple products with production responsibility on key features and/or content
- Experienced partner management and relationship-building skills
- Experience leading teams through feature development (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Ample experience scheduling and tracking development. Identifying and mitigating risks associated with key-milestones both for internal teams and external teams
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience working in med-large size organizations where collaboration across organizational boundaries is critical to success.
- Experience with Product Management tools such as Miro, Jira, Trello, and LucidChart.
- Experience with Product Management methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, PMF, Jobs-to-be-Done, and Lean
- Comfort in failing fast and learning to make things better!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $168,000 USD - $234,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.