Senior Software Engineer - Valorant, Social and Player Dynamics
Job Id: REQ-0006330
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Senior Software Engineer on the VALORANT Social and Player Dynamics Team, you will be responsible for the systems that keep the game safe for all players by enforcing fair play and communication. You will be working closely with the team to react to analytics and community feedback to make VALORANT a positive, fun gaming experience for everyone.
You will report to the Engineering Manager of the Social and Player Dynamics area.
- Design, build, and deliver in-game client features enabling players to have a world-class experience
- Collaborate closely with producers, game designers, and UX experts
- Own building features from in-game all the way down to the backend service implementation
- Design, build, and deliver large scale backend services to support millions of players
- Build and support live services for the game (this role involves an on-call commitment)
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise with C++, C#, Java, Golang, or similar language(s)
- Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Professional experience building large scale backend systems or game services
- Professional experience building player- or user-facing frontend experiences (e.g. web, mobile, game)
- Experience with social systems in large scale multiplayer games, especially ones with long standing, healthy communities.
- Professional or hobby experience working with Unreal Engine
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $143,000 USD - $201,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).