Senior Software Engineer - League PC Shanghai, Tools
Job Id: REQ-0006035
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas and value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. You’ll lead without authority and provide other engineers with a clear illustration of extraordinary engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer within the Riot Shanghai Studio supporting League of Legends PC (LoL PC), you will be located in the Shanghai office, and work directly with technology and content development teams in Los Angeles. Content is core to the League of Legends experience; you will be asked to work with content developers – including Character Artists, Riggers, Animators, VFX Artists, Illustrators, and Audio Designers – to create tools and pipelines that can facilitate collaboration across studios in multiple geo-locations. You will also bring your deep gameplay technical knowledge to help teams execute on exciting new features for players in the League of Legends game engine.
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams (that include Game Designers, Artists, Tech Artists, and Producers) to design and implement exciting new features in the League of Legends game engine using C++
- Design, build, and maintain tools/pipelines for League of Legends PC content developers
- Scale content pipelines across multiple Riot and partner-vendor studios
- Support artists, internal and out-sourced, in their workflows; identifying patterns and inefficiencies in those processes, and implementing data-informed solutions
- Lead technical discussions/designs made by your team, and socialize those designs with the broader League of Legends tech community
- Define technical excellence and best practices for other engineers on your team
- Provide mentorship to other engineers and technical artists
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software engineer using C++
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with video game development
- Experience working on content creation tools, pipelines, and automation
- Experience working with non-engineers to deliver organizational/customer value
- Experience with interpreted languages like Python or Groovy
- Experience with Lean or Agile development processes
- Experience building features in and around modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Experience developing tools for digital content creation packages (eg. Maya, PhotoShop, Substance, Wwise)
- Experience with build/automation frameworks (eg. Jenkins)
- Experience with Lua scripting
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.