Senior Software Engineer, Game Play - League PC, Shanghai Game Studio
Job Id: REQ-0006358
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As Software Engineers at Riot, we bring knowledge of specific technical areas and value the opportunity to work in many domains. We work with both new and current technology, creating solutions to overcome complex problems and to deliver player value.
As a Software Engineer in Riot Shanghai Studio supporting League PC, you will work in the Shanghai office. You will bring deep gameplay technical skills to make League of Legends Champions, compelling gameplay experiences, support artists with their tools, and build new game modes.
- Develop gameplay features in the League of Legends game engine using C++, content tools and game scripting
- Develop game content tooling to support cross-disciplinary teams (including Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers)
- Collaborate within a cross-disciplinary team (including Game Designers, Artists, Animators, and Producers) to shape League of Legends gameplay and Champion experiences
- Communicate technical tradeoffs to designers, producers, and artists on their designs and ideas
- Collaborate with team and work independently on technical design and implementation
- 4+ yrs collective professional experience using C++
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable field or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience working with non-engineering collaborators to build game experiences
- Professional game development experience
- 1+ years of experience with Agile development processes
- Familiarity with game development engines such as Unity, Unreal, or proprietary engines
- Familiarity with building game content tools and pipelines
- Experience mentoring fellow developers
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!