Senior Software Engineer - Entertainment, Consumer Products
Job Id: REQ-0006574
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Consumer Products Ecommerce team, you will build and support E-commerce channels and integrations. This includes developing user facing features, integrations with third-party systems, and back-end services that power the Ecommerce channel. Your expertise will contribute to large-scale consumer products efforts that bring value to and delight our players. You will report to the Director of Ecommerce.
- Individual contributor software engineer, writing code, authoring architectural design documents, contributing to team product prioritization, and implementing solutions to technical problems.
- Implement new features to delight players and optimize for value.
- Maintenance and upgrades to existing tech stack and infrastructure the consumer products channel is built on.
- Reduce ambiguity in a problem space through technical discovery & prototyping
- Ensure the team is observing engineering excellence which includes: code maintainability, quality, monitoring, operational excellence, and documentation. Provide and champions "definition of done" to their team.
- Work collaboratively with teams and customers to accomplish deliverables
- Lead the resolution of systemic issues
- Integrations and customization with central systems (i.e CMS and CRM)
- Integrations and customizations with third-party systems (i.e 3PL)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years industry experience.
- Domain experience in at least one back-end/service technology such as Python, Node.js, Java, Go.
- Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments).
- Shipped and supported live products with large traffic spikes.
- Experience with building, maintaining and customizing Ecommerce channels and systems.
- Deep experience with React.js and TypeScript.
- Deep experience with Python Django web services.
- Experience with Elasticsearch
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $143,000 USD - $201,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).