Senior Software Engineer - Developer Connections, Client Test
Job Id: REQ-0005978
Developer Connections ensures that developers are free to innovate for players while not reinventing the wheel. It does this by building Riot-wide technologies and standards that optimize the entire software development lifecycle. We take poorly owned spaces and turn them into first class offerings. We work alongside engineers, artists, producers, security, and publishers to understand their day-to-day challenges and craft solutions to make their lives better in ways both big and small.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to contribute to DevCon’s efforts in two areas:
- Designing and developing a robust automated testing framework for game consoles like the XBox and Playstation; and mobile platforms like Android and IOS.
- Contributing to DevCon’s efforts to enhance how our customers interface with our back-end services that enable teams to deliver player experiences across various platforms.
In this role, you will work with your fellow engineers and product leaders to assess the technical needs of Riot’s game and technology teams and help deliver a solution to those needs. Your work will help quality and delivery of Riot’s products for players all across the world.
- Design and develop the automated testing framework for console and mobile testing of Riot games
- Partner with DevCon’s Product Owners to design and develop our customers’ interfaces into our suite of offerings
- Contribute to the development of our collection of backend services that enable teams to ship games across various platforms
- Mentor other engineers in your areas of expertise
- Invest in team's complete ownership of our products by participating in our on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Experience with AWS features such as: EC2, Lambda, ElasticSearch
- Experience with some of the following: microservices architecture, client/service application architecture, web application design and architecture, web services development, API/SDK architecture and development
- Familiarity with AWS Serverless Architecture
- Familiarity with development and testing on game consoles like the Playstation
- Familiarity with tooling like Terraform, Docker and Jenkins
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $143,000 USD - $201,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).