Senior Manager, QA - Player Experience
Job Id: REQ-0006601
As a Senior QA Manager, you will manage Quality Assurance professionals who work with software engineers, content developers, project managers, and producers to create value for Players around the world. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy to develop quality activities for every stage of the software development life cycle. Additionally, you will partner with your team and other craft leaders to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. You will also direct and task other QA professionals, often remotely to get your work completed.
As a Senior QA Manager on the Player Experiences Initiative supporting Player Platform, you will help Riot lead testing and ongoing delivery of critical player experiences used by millions of players both in and around Riot's AAA titles. You will work directly with developers and leadership to support testing activities across all disciplines. You will also ensure the production of all test coverage within your product space and manage test, telemetry, and defect data and report on product quality. With your test automation experience, you will help explore test automation solutions for teams within the Player Experience Initiative. You will manage the testing professionals who will execute the QA strategy you define across the teams, guiding their careers as they grow within Riot.
You will report to the Director of Engineering within the Player Experience Initiative.
- Manage QA & SDET professionals working across multiple software teams
- Hold teams accountable for upholding quality and player impact as an factor in decisions
- Identify, interview, and hire QA professionals to help our teams scale
- Set and guide testing strategies throughout the software development life cycle
- Report on metrics using data to guide action for your team
- Identify risks, impact, probability, and plan mitigation
- Be trusted and expected to be the voice of the Player and Customer
- Identify and drive test automation opportunities within the initiative in partnership with Engineering
- Create test plans, test cases, and establish the structure and rhythm of testing for teams
- Improve on methods of test execution at the initiative-level
- Drive measurable quality improvements across the initiative set of products
- 8+ years Quality Assurance Experience, with 3+ years leading QA teams
- 2+ years managing QA professionals in an embedded environment
- Experience leading frontend client teams focusing on high quality user experiences
- Experience working with test automation and tooling solutions for frontend clients like Selenium and Appium
- Experience with product development pipelines and workflows
- Experience with strategic goal setting, tactical execution
- Experience working with remote testing teams
- Experience managing QA professionals and process in an embedded environment
- Experience as an SDET, Software Engineer, or QA Architect
- Experience with API development and test tools (Swagger, Postman)
- Experience with test automation tools (ReadyAPI/SoapUI)
- Experience with Perforce and Git
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $173,000 USD - $241,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).