Senior Manager Business Strategy - Publishing
Job Id: REQ-0004951
At Riot, Publishing is how we connect with players around the world. Publishing teams focus on designing, orchestrating, and delivering holistic experiences across the gaming, Esports, and entertainment product portfolio. Publishing's core capabilities include marketing, commercial partnerships, player support, localization, and cross-product experiences.
As a Senior Manager, Business Strategy, you'll report to Publishing's Head of Strategy and be part of the integrated Publishing Strategy & Operations team. You will directly support the President of Publishing and senior publishing leadership, advising and mobilizing strategy across multiple dimensions; including target audience and product opportunities, publishing strategies, and operating models. Your broad strategic skill set and collaborative mindset will ensure cohesive decision-making across the globally distributed publishing business.
- Identify and structure complex problems, developing frameworks that guide senior publishing leadership through ambiguous problem spaces
- Lead rigorous qualitative and quantitative analyses to work towards strategic recommendations
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate recommendations to senior publishing leadership
Publishing mobilization - Orchestrate across teams globally to lead important publishing planning processes
- Guide publishing leadership through strategic planning processes, serving as the primary strategy partner for one or more senior publishing leaders (e.g., CMO)
- Lead global operating model plans (e.g., organization, process, rituals and forums design) to enhance Riot's publishing executional effectiveness
- Collaborate with other strategy, operations, and enterprise teams on business operations projects
Team & leadership - Serve as a strategy mentor and team leader
- Directly manage a team of business strategists
- Be a mentor for strategic advisors across global Publishing teams
- Collaborate with other senior strategists at Riot to lead craft excellence across the company
- 8+ years experience (or 6+ years with an advanced degree) in strategic advisory, management consulting, corporate strategy, or similar roles
- 2+ years of management experience
- Experience leading strategic projects in the tech/media/telecom industry
- Experience leading operating model projects for a complex organization
- Experience directly advising senior executives (VP+)
- Experience working with global teams across diverse cultures
- Experience leading projects in the video game industry
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $186,000 USD - $278,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).