Senior Business Strategist - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0006544
In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends and has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the dramatic growth of esports. At the core is the Global Esports team, the group responsible for operating the major esports events like the League of Legends World Championship and VALORANT Champions Tour. Our vision is to bring joy to billions of fans around the world by fostering a thriving global sports ecosystem. That’s where you come in.
As a Senior Business Strategist, VALORANT Esports, you will work as part of a cross-functional team to establish and implement strategies to develop the VALORANT Esports ecosystem. Reporting into the Head of Product Strategy, VALORANT Esports, you will be responsible for driving elements of the sport’s strategy and developing insights from both commercial and competitive perspectives.
You will ensure the strategic landscape is well-defined, that challenges and opportunity spaces are identified and prioritized, and that leadership is armed with the insights to drive the best decisions for the long term health of the sport. You will be a source of innovation to guide esports forward at Riot — embracing partnership internally and externally, fostering growth in the ecosystem, and creating new approaches to face the challenges of the future.
- You will work with cross-functional leaders and stakeholders in Esports to develop strategies for VALORANT Esports products and help set clear goals for the business.
- You will collaborate closely with regional teams, Competitive Operations, Insights, and other teams to assess and evolve the structure of the ecosystem, from season formats to tournament structure and more.
- You will help to shape the business model for VALORANT Esports through rigorous quantitative and qualitative analysis, optimizing for sustainability for our leagues as well as the various partners in the ecosystem.
- You will use both internal and external data sources and insights to find opportunities, track results, and drive decision-making around product and fans’ experience.
- You will be a subject matter expert and trusted advisor, helping teams prioritize, negotiate and remove obstacles to ensure high-quality outputs.
- You have 6+ years of experience in sports industry management, strategy consulting, business analysis, or related field
- You have experience defining goals and building data instrumentation to track results
- You have experience effectively leading cross-functional teams or collaborating with partners, and driving results
- You are a fan of sports or esports
- You have proven expertise in the esports or sports business
- You have a relevant advanced degree (MBA, Masters in Sports Management, JD, etc.)
- You have a deep understanding of the esports landscape, particularly within the FPS genre
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $138,000 USD - $192,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).