Senior 3D Character Artist - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0006612
As a Senior Character Artist at Riot, you will bring champions to life by crafting and texturing high and low poly models. You will help build some of the most iconic characters in the world of gaming. Your sculpting skills, artistic eye and understanding of anatomy, form, and color will lead the way in character creation. Working within both technical and design constraints, you will use your knowledge of proportions, anatomy and readability to ensure models are optimized in game. You'll be self-guided and help take the art and fantasy of our characters to new heights at Riot . You will be a mentor to other character artists and support the upholding and sometimes creation of style guides. Your craft expertise and high-level execution will enrich the player's immersive experience.
As a Senior Character Artist on this R&D Project you'll report to the Art Director, but also partner alongside concept artists, environment artists and technical artists to execute the visual style of unique characters and ultimately create new and satisfying experiences for our players.
- Produce the look and feel of high-quality 3D character assets
- Understand project requirements to influence and create low poly assets that are optimized for deformation and animation
- Interpret and push concept designs to the next level while accounting for technical and design constraints, such as poly counts, texture memory limits, and topology
- Communicate with various other disciplines to ensure all assets perform and are in line with project vision and thematic
- Guide and mentor junior members of the team
- 5+ years of character modeling experience in the gaming industry
- Strong experience working with modeling, sculpting and texturing programs such as Maya, Zbrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- Strong experience working with various game engines from licensed to proprietary
- Deep knowledge of human anatomy, form, and color theory
- Ability to create stylized characters through past professional or personal work samples
- Expertise in game development using modern engines, such as Unreal or Unity
- Worked on an R&D project or pipeline
- Shipped games for Mobile
- Proficient in Concepting Characters, Creatures and props
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base salary range of $123,000 USD - $171,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.