Senior 3D Character Artist, Cinematics - VALORANT
Job Id: REQ-0006553
As a Senior 3D Character Artist, you will bring agents to life by modeling, texturing and developing high and low poly models. You will help craft some of the most iconic characters in the world of gaming. Your sculpting skills, artistic eye and experience with anatomy, form, and color will lead the way in character creation. Working within both technical and design constraints, you will use your knowledge of proportions, anatomy and readability to ensure models are optimized for use in and outside of the game. Your craft expertise, high-level execution and attention to detail will enrich the player's immersive experience.
Your primary focus will be developing a cinematic character pipeline for the agents of Valorant. At the same time, you'll use your depth of expertise in character art to contribute to all aspects of game production including weapons, premium content creations, merchandise, and interactive experiences.
- Develop an in-house pipeline for realizations of agents in the Valorant cinematic universe
- Work with materials, shaders, hair, and offline rendering solutions
- Contribute to merchandising in the form of statues, toys, and other various representations of characters outside the game
- Partner with R&D teams as needed
- Help create interactive experiences for players and viewers of Valorant
- Create 3D character assets ranging from humanoid to creatures to props
- Interpret concept designs while taking into account technical and design constraints such as poly counts, texture memory limits, and topology
- Push 3D character art quality and stylization for the project/game
- 5+ years of professional experience in Character Art
- Experience creating a range of 3D character assets such as humanoid characters, creatures, and props
- Ability to create high fidelity cinematic characters - owning the process from modeling and texturing all the way to a finished renderable asset
- A keen eye for anatomy, form, color, lighting, materials and shaders
- Experience with industry standard 3D modeling and texturing tools: Zbrush, Maya, Hair Systems, Photoshop, Substance Painter, 3D Coat preferred
- Experience with rendering technologies: Arnold, V-Ray or equivalent offline renderer
- Knowledge of Valorant Characters & IP
- Familiarity with Marmoset, Unity, or Unreal
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $123,000 USD - $171,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.