QA Engineer III - Tech Foundations, ServOps Engineering
Job Id: REQ-0006559
As a QA Engineer III and Quality Craft Lead of Service Operations, you will report to the Initiative Engineering Manager. You will set the test direction and standards to promote the vision of quality assurance at Riot so that, "Gamers worldwide know that every experience they have with Riot will be a quality experience." You will solve unique problems that require an ability to evaluate, scope and work on solutions. You will direct individual contributors or even small teams on specific work projects. You will develop multiple QA operations within ServOps.
You are accountable for managing the QA process for your teams and products. You are the main driver from the QA discipline to develop test strategies and designs, nurturing of QA culture, and building understanding and solid collaboration between QA and other disciplines. You are guided by Riot's Test Policy to develop quality activities for every stage of the software development life cycle. Additionally, you partner with your teams and craft leaders to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. You are recognized at Riot as a craft expert on multiple dimensions.
- Drive quality across all disciplines, providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve quality practices across engineering organization
- Work with Engineering Managers to mentor team members in quality craft
- Contribute to technical leadership and strategic direction to continuously improve the Product Quality at the initiative level.
- Define and drive quality strategy and manage quality operations for the initiative. This includes but is not limited to automation, continuous integration, release testing and test case management.
- Partner with customer facing groups such as PMs, UX, SEs to better understand how customers interface and use our product to drive quality early and often in SDLC
- Author and enhance Test plans based on feature requirements and specifications, as well as technical discussions and deep dives with engineers
- Build, enhance and maintain automation frameworks utilized by team to automate critical user scenarios for regression testing
- Prioritize and execute test cases in an environment that’s representative of production environment
- Partner with Support and Engineering to investigate, troubleshoot and identify/implement fixes for customer facing issues
- Driving risk based testing and improving risk management processes
- Managing external vendors and remote teams
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant experience in Quality Engineering, specifically testing, frameworks and automation
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- High proficiency coding in Python, Java and/or C++ preferred
- Strong understanding of CS fundamentals including OO concepts, data structures, algorithms, and microservices architectures.
- Experience with cloud technology including GCP, AWS and/or Azure
- Proven experience developing comprehensive and effective Test and Performance tools, as well as frameworks.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of standard quality best practices, techniques and methodologies to drive continuous quality improvements
- Experience delivering quality software in a large distributed system with emphasis on functional and performance automation, workloads and testing
- Considerable experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment systems like Jenkins
- Experience coaching QA team members on test design, planning and execution
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $123,000 USD - $173,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).