QA Engineer II - Teamfight Tactics
Job Id: REQ-0005133
At Riot, we believe "QA" is more than the bug-finding process that follows months of development work. For us, it's a set of values, practices, and behaviors that inform every part of the development process. Riot QA assists our engineers, artists, and designers to accomplish their best work, and the best way to work. Through iteration and fast cycles, we refine our choices and identify process and product defects early, thus protecting the player from flaws and distractions. By honing our craft of quality and demonstrating cross-discipline partnerships we are improving how quickly we can bring outstanding experiences while reaching ever higher degrees of product integrity. We help Riot sustainably create excellent experiences for players, globally.
As a QA Engineer II on Teamfight Tactics, you will report into the Senior QA Manager. You will work on future TFT content and will support existing projects while learning the business of TFT for both PC and Mobile. You will work with several disciplines to create a positive player experience. You will guarantee the quality of TFT using both functional, component and end-to-end testing. You will be guided by Riot's Test Policy and contribute to quality activities at every stage of development.
- Monitor and prioritize the defect database
- Manage outsourced QA teams, overseeing and auditing test plans
- Improve on methods of test execution at the team-level
- Playtest and give feedback on content being developed
- Partner with different disciplines to push quality upstream
- Inform product teams on progress towards quality goals
- Manage communication related to test status with the leadership team.
- Establish team-level quality goals for product
- Participate in product, process, and discipline retrospectives
- Analyze product risks and provide assessment to leadership
- Three or more years of Quality Assurance Experience
- Gaming or Software testing experience
- Knowledge of Product Development Pipelines and Workflows
- Agile Product Development & Agile Testing experience
- Experience working with diverse team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Experience coordinating external vendor teams
- Experience testing on PC and Mobile
- ISTQB Foundation Level. ISTQB Agile Tester or ICAgile Agile Testing (ICP-TST) Certification
- ISTQB Advanced Level Technical Test Analyst Certification
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base hourly range of $47.12 USD - $66.35 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).