Publishing Events Professional II
Job Id: REQ-0006547
As Competitive Experiences Manager, you will be based in Paris and working with the brand and community teams. You will build relationships with tournament organizers for amateur competitive events across schools, universities, not-for-profit events and one-off grassroots tournaments; whether online or offline.
You will focus on VALORANT and League of Legends, but will also have to support TFT, Wild Rift and Legends of Runeterra. You'll oversee local amateur tournament events and work with third parties to provide a fantastic player experience. You will report to the Country Manager, France & Benelux.
- Define the strategy for our local competitive amateur experience ecosystem to achieve sustainability, inclusivity and a high level of participation.
- Define and manage local Competitive Experience products in collaboration with partners and vendors and track participation.
- Manage local tournaments requests and support tournament organizers accordingly.
- Manage/Build relationships with partners / tournament organizers for amateur events to ensure the development of competitions and increase participation.
- Build Riot relationships with developing local esports teams.
- When needed, develop local brands partnerships to support local Competitive Experience tournaments and events.
- Help deliver global activations in local markets.
- Ensure internal alignment on all of the above with our EMEA Publishing and Esports offices.
- 3+ years of experience in competitive product management
- You will understand how an amateur competitive vision can contribute directly to the growth and sustainability of our games and their communities.
- You will understand how an amateur esports ecosystem is created and maintained in a local country.
- Experience in vendor and project management
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders and support them towards shared objectives
- The ability to think strategically, in order to work at scale across a broad portfolio of products and competitions
- Knowledge of the French gaming and esports scenes
- Fluency (spoken and written) in both French and English is required for this role.
- Knowledge of the Benelux esports scene
- Experience in online / offline event production management
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical and dental plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with access to a company pension, provide travel allowance, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, access to a spectrum of wellbeing activities and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
Let's Thrive Together:
Because together we are better
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. We know that fresh and varied perspectives will make us better at what we do, so however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, we’re excited to hear from you. Don’t be discouraged if you feel you don’t fully meet every single one of the requirements for a particular role, there’s always room for growth at Riot. If you spot a role that will make you want to jump out of bed in the morning, we are waiting to hear from you!