Program Manager, Player Support (Contract)
Job Id: 5034
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
You'll work on the Player Support (PS) sub-initiative with the World Wide Publishing department. PS works with games/product teams and tailors a player support experience that meets Riot's standards of "Player Experience First".
Program Managers within PS lead our teams and collaborate with multiple teams and product managers to accelerate how games are produced, iterated on and operated at a global scale.
As a Program Manager within PS, you will manage all aspects of delivery of your team throughout the development and operating lifecycle to lead PS projects to success. You will embed on teams and work with teams as the execution arm of PS. You will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Player Support (PS) APAC.
- Manage development schedules and workflows, providing status to partners, eliminating risks and blockers, and managing trade-offs around scope and timelines.
- Assess your team's current situation, adapt the planning processes and communication channels to ensure success through sustainable and reliable delivery.
- Create transparency and predictability with roadmaps, planning, and partner management.
- Help guide team agreement on decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed.
- Set and embody the team culture and standards consistent with Riot values.
- Assess the team's health and composition, striving for cohesion and delivery excellence.
- Lead across multiple teams to guide cross-team project(s) to success.
- Contribute to the GPS work system and help promote meaningful change that yields positive results.
- Help identify operational gaps and improve or pioneer processes to drive efficiency across support operations
- Develop in-depth understanding of player experience by incorporating quantitative and qualitative insights.
- Develop executive-level communications and presentations for APAC PS.
- 3-5 years of project/program management experience
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies (Kanban, Scrum or equivalent)
- Understand how to guide projects through the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Demonstrated Data/Analytics experience; Excel proficiency is preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills. Including public speaking and ability to present effectively in front of peers and senior leadership.
- Prior success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and all customers.
- Experience managing projects/tasks, project planning, and schedule development across multiple groups.
- Prior success developing productive working relationships with team members, colleagues, and all customers
- Certified Scrum Master, Scaled Agile or equivalent certification
- English professional proficiency.
- Experience facilitating virtual meetings that are inclusive, engaging and productive.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience building and deploying solutions on a global scale.
- Proficiency in any SEA language/Japanese/Korean is a plus.
- Hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum tools such as Trello, JIRA, Confluence preferred
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.