Product & Licensing Intern
Job Id: 5125
Riot Games wants every fan - past, present, and future - to feel proud to express their love of our IP through physical merchandise. We aim to build phenomenal products that legitimize that expression. From cute collectible figurines that brighten up any desk, to an exclusive hoodie that is only available to players who completed missions in game, to a jewelry collaboration with a players’ favorite brand, we look to create meaningful product experiences that fit into our players’ lifestyle and passions.
As a Product & Licensing Intern, you’ll support passionate, diverse teams to achieve inspiring goals. Help support the vision of individual products from inception to finish line, balance team bandwidth to keep projects on-track, and work with both internal teams and external Licensing partners to build product experiences that delight players. From apparel to collectibles to homegoods and beyond, you’ll play a dynamic role in delivering thoughtful physical product experiences for players around the globe all year long.
- Support end-to-end development pipeline for projects across a broad spectrum of product types including collectibles, apparel, plush, peripherals, home goods, board games and art.
- Help develop product strategy, roadmaps and planning for Riot's merchandise efforts
- Collaborate closely with key Licensing partners to incorporate feedback and effectively manage product approvals
- Support research and development on new types of products and product categories
- Manage communication and timelines for a global network of manufacturers
- Support cross-discipline teams and help produce and provide phenomenal product experiences
- Currently enrolled in a college, university or non degree program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Knowledge of Google Suite, Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, etc)
- Passion for building meaningful product experiences for our players
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to think through and set clear expectations with collaborators and managers
- 1+ years of experience working with Licensing partners to execute merchandising collaborations
- Experience working in consumer product development, and experience supporting a team through full development cycles
- Experience working closely with large creative teams
- Experience working with major brands to launch global Licensing product releases
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will certainly be looking at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
(Los Angeles, CA only) Hourly range between $25.54 USD - $27.04 USD
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).