Principal Strategic Sourcing Manager - Creative Outsourcing
Job Id: REQ-0005604
Enterprise teams at Riot are responsible for creating the culture, systems, and environment that enable Riot to be the best place for passionate team members to imagine and deliver the impossible for players. Enterprise collectively is made up of key corporate teams like Finance, People, Legal, Corporate Affairs, IT and Infosec, D&I and Corp. Strategy that creates the ecosystem for Riot's different product pillars to operate and collaborate. In order to be effective, Enterprise Rioters must foster a trust forward culture to empower product pillars, act as true partners to product teams and create simple and customer centric systems that unlock collaboration across Riot.
Strategic Sourcing Managers at Riot help to find, source, and maintain key external relationships through expert relationship management, craft expertise, curiosity. You'll be the driving force in making sure large deals are properly vetted and negotiated to ensure the highest possible level of quality, service, and cost, while aligning with the needs of internal stakeholders, other functional support teams, and executive leadership.
As Principal Strategic Sourcing Manager - Creative Outsourcing, you’ll support the Games pillar as a dedicated sourcing manager focused on driving sourcing negotiation and strategy for the creative areas of the organization. Creative spend entails elements of game production, audio/VO/sound design, art outsourcing, video production, marketing/publishing, and localization. You’ll need to navigate key areas of spend and find opportunities to optimize external partners across various product and centralized support teams in a non-mandated sourcing environment. You’ll also be embedded within the Games pillar and represent the strategic sourcing function by providing best practices and advisory for vendor strategy. This is a Director level role in terms of scope and opportunity for impact.
- Scope business requirements and identify applicable internal teams for creative products/services.
- Conduct bid processes (RFI, RFQ, RFP, etc.) and vet applicable suppliers.
- Craft frameworks for evaluation of applicable vendors/partners.
- Communicate cross BU, pillar, and enterprise-wide to develop holistic strategies and find commonality among product teams.
- Serve as escalation point for key commercial relationships
- Help craft agreements across all creative areas, as well as providing insight to best practices for structuring creative deals.
- Draft business cases, including make vs buy analysis, for reaching the best possible strategic outcome across creative partnerships.
- Maintain vendor databases of key partners and strategic relationships
- Conduct market research on existing and emerging trends across the industry.
- Mentor and lead other Rioters
- 8+ years experience in category sourcing focused on creative outsourcing
- The ability to bring disparate teams together to move in the same direction
- Demonstrable quantitative analysis (financial and/or price modeling)
- Vendor and supplier relationship management experience in large non-mandated organizations
- Experience managing, coaching, and mentoring across a wide pool of experience levels
- Knowledge of industry trends across creative areas
- Experience working game development, creative production, or other creative industries
- Experience leading teams of sourcing associates to deliver high-impact projects across the creative landscape
- CPSM or similar certifications
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $138,000 USD - $192,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.