Principal Marketing Creative Director - Global Marketing, Esports Marketing
Job Id: REQ-0006623
As the Principal Marketing Creative Director for LoL Esport you will report to Esports’ Global Head of Creative. You will establish, execute & uphold the holistic creative vision of the entire global sport across campaigns, events, content, and regions. You are the leader bringing clarity of vision and a spirit of innovation to push LoL Esports into cross-cultural relevance, cementing it as the future of sport.
You will build compelling creative platforms, concept breakthrough campaign tactics, and oversee it all to flawless execution. As the crux of a complex system of partners, you will use your leadership and collaborative spirit to guide them and the work to the best outcome. You will partner with the brand team to translate strategy into resonant campaigns that achieve our goals. You will mentor team members, including creative directors and designers, to deliver their best work. You will guide selection of vendors and partners, working with them to deliver industry-leading work. You will collaborate closely with and lead cross-team partners, ensuring your LoL Esports creative vision is upheld and executed to the highest standard across Events, Social, Broadcast, Digital, and beyond.
- Lead a multidisciplinary team of internal and external teammates to execute the widespread creative needs of LoL Esports
- Build & effectively communicate a unique creative vision for LoL Esports that sets it up for future growth
- Concept unique, compelling creative platforms & campaign tactics for our Global Events (SKE, MSI, Worlds)
- Ensure all creative executions meet or exceeds Global Esports Team’s quality bar, especially when working with external partners
- Lead & collaborate with partner teams (BD, Events, Broadcast, Regions) to ensure their creative outputs deliver on the vision & uphold the quality bar
- Foster processes for cross-team collaboration that best suits the needs of the creative work & the sport
- Work closely with Brand partners to ensure all work is delivering on core strategy
- Contribute to a culture of innovation within the Global Esports Creative Team, constantly questioning the expected and pushing the standard of how we best execute culture-shaking work
- 8+ years of leading successful creative work & teams in house or at a creative agency
- Award winning portfolio that demonstrates a proven track record of developing 360 campaigns from strategic creation to final delivery while building the foundation of a brand identity with a unique creative platform
- Experience collaborating across multiple craft disciplines like Brand, Comms, BD, and Events
- Level-headed approach to change management, conflict resolution and patience through the fluctuating creative development process
- Experience with culture-centric work, whether in sports, music, fashion or gaming
- Discerning eye for detail & ability to self-edit to get the best possible work
- Innovative creative mind that proactively seeks out new, better ways forward
- Awareness of & interest in the esports & gaming space as a rising cultural force
- Experience working in sports advertising and storytelling
- Strong presentation skills & experience
- Effective stakeholder management experience
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base salary range of $173,000 USD - $241,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.