Principal Insights Analyst - Publishing, Strategy
Job Id: REQ-0006397
Principal Insights Analyst, Publishing Audience Insights
At Riot, Publishing is how we connect with players around the world. Publishing teams focus on designing, orchestrating, and delivering holistic experiences across the gaming, Esports, and entertainment product portfolio. Publishing's core capabilities include marketing, commercial partnerships, player support, localization, and cross-product experiences.
Publishing Insights is a new team of business strategists and researchers in the office of the COO, focused on deepening Riot’s understanding of how to connect with players and fans. Our work spans research, strategy, and data analysis to uncover meaningful insights that help teams translate product strategy into Publishing actions, define our audience needs and motivations, and measure and test business performance.
As the Audience Insights Principal on the Publishing Insights team, you will forge your own destiny in this first-of-its-kind position, serving as the voice of our players and fans in critical and complex business discussions. You will work across the entire organization as a thought partner to Marketing, Product, Commercial, and Regional teams to ensure strategies and work plans are optimized with our audience in mind. Your work will shape how Riot Publishing teams understand and prioritize our audience segments. This individual-contributor position will report into the Head of Publishing Insights.
- Shape Publishing audience strategy through research into Riot’s players, fans, and marketplace, including audience identification, analysis, and prioritization
- Partner cross-functionally with Publishing Leads, Global Marketing, Product Innovation, and Product Insights teams to translate product strategies into Publishing priorities
- Grow our knowledge of audience motivations, behaviors, and demographics outside of our gaming products through qualitative and quantitative research
- Uncover and socialize insights about our audience, brands, and products in service of expansion opportunities and Publishing investment optimization
- Partner with Product teams to design and run multi-factor audience segmentation and determine the value of our audience segments
- Partner with Business health, Central Data, and Insights teams to design hypothesis-backed experiments that measure the attributable impact of Publishing activities on business performance metrics
- Create and lead regular collaboration audience strategy and insights rituals (e.g., working sessions, knowledge sharing, insights training, etc.)
- Manage a network of research vendors
- 8+ years experience (or 6+ years with an advanced degree) in strategic advisory, management consulting, corporate strategy, or similar roles
- Experience leading highly complex strategic projects in often-ambiguous spaces in tech/media/telecom industries
- Experience designing audience strategies using qualitative and quantitative methods, including primary analysis (e.g., survey design, focus groups, commercial experiments, expert interviews, segmentation) and secondary research (e.g., trends forecasting, competitive analysis, market research)
- Ability to develop strong, open, and collaborative working relationships with peers and senior leaders
- Graduate degree or meaningful work experience in consulting, consumer insights, or product strategy
- 2+ years of professional experience in management or strategy consulting
- Experience working with common self-serve insights and data platforms, such as AppAnnie, GlobalWebIndex, NewZoo, NPD, or YouGov
- Experience working with global teams across diverse cultures
- Experience in AAA or mobile game industry
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $203,000 USD - $283,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).