Merchandise Product Manager - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0006678
Riot Games CPX division is looking for a Merchandise Product Manager - Esports to help drive product management, go-to-market planning and timelines for Riot’s Esports merchandise. Reporting to the department lead, you will be collaborating with brand, design, development and event operations teams to ensure the successful launch of Riot Esports consumer products.
The ideal candidate has strong organizational skills, effective verbal/written communication skills, ability to navigate and succeed in a cross functional setting & solid attention to detail/deadlines. Additionally, the candidate should have a solid understanding of apparel and consumer products development. A keen interest in gaming culture is a bonus.
- Work closely with CPX Leads on strategic efforts and tactical project execution
- Manage timelines and gameplans for key projects and product releases
- Plan and manage meeting schedules
- Manage the accountability across cross-functional execution teams
- Track all approval check points and ensure gates and dates are met
- Help Coordinate internal resources and communication with third parties/vendors
- Traffic internal requests from the external departments
- Measure project success
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Maintain comprehensive project status documentation
- Manage presentation decks, line plans and visual merchandise plan documents
- Support Esports events merchandise activations
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in fields related to project management, product merchandising, event management, communications and product marketing
- Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education, experience and training and 5 years of progressive experience in product, merchandising or project management related roles
- Collaborative team player that performs well in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organizational and time management skills with commitment to quality, attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creative problem solver
- Ability to work with Google Suite, Microsoft Office and adopt Riot’s project management and communication tools
- Ability to travel 10-15% Domestic and International to support Esports events
- Professional experience supporting Esports event products
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base salary range of $123,000 USD - $173,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.