Marketing Services Senior Manager, Brazil
Job Id: REQ-0006349
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
Reporting to the Country Manager, Brazil, you will drive and execute holistic cross-product marketing strategies for Brazil and cross-market across Americas, when relevant. This role is dedicated to Riot’s “player first” philosophy and will combine craft, project and people management with an understanding and passion for communication,strategy to ensure we’re delivering great player experiences.
As a Marketing Services Sr. Manager you will guide our Channels, Content, PR, Influencers, Community and Organized Play professionals and teams, setting plans and actions to translate our branding strategies in a way that resonates, creates connections and sets memorability on audiences’ minds and hearts.
The role is designed to be in close collaboration with other teams in the Sao Paulo, Mexico City and Los Angeles offices, and local marketing teams across Riot globally.
- Build and execute holistic marketing services strategies across Brazil in partnership with other Marketing Services teams across Americas and Riot, when appropriate. This means developing perspectives on the why’s, what’s, how’s, and when’s of our services in marketing for players
- Closely work with the Brazilian leader in Branding, Creative and Commercial Partnership to the Riot business development, aiming efficiency, sustainability and creative/ innovative ways to bring resonant content and interactions toward Riot’s brands, products and experiences
- Build relationship and work with the best agencies to craft and execute exciting and cohesive go-to-market strategies in which regards comms, content, channels, PR, community and influencers, caring of their performance and adjusting accordingly
- Measure marketing services performances, learn from teams experience and improve their performance, adjusting trajectories quickly but thoughtfully when necessary
- Execute on the player journey for our products, assessing where and how players hear about, brand, products and experiences, as well as how we acquire, retain and revive players, tracking how they socialize around Riot’s ecosystem
- Manage and develop the team of Rioters working in fields of Channels, Content, PR, Influencers, Community and Organized Play, caring for their growth.
- 10+ years of experience in Marketing Services or correlated areas. Having knowledge in the digital industry is a plus. Nice to have in
- Experience delivering successful marketing campaigns to customers
- Experience collaborating with multiple agencies and vendors working in concert to create a cohesive product/ experience campaign
- Experience working on the launch of multiple games and/or digital products across a variety of platforms and genres
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively, whether across teams, borders, time zones or desks.
- Experience working across multiple teams in different disciplines and locations, with excellent relationship management skills.
- Strong understanding of how successful publishing impacts players and how different options for bringing a game and or a digital product to market directly guide product reception.
- Experience managing direct reports
- Languages: Brazilian Portuguese and professional English
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games (whereas the latter is not a blocker). If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Riot Games may consider relocation costs support for candidates chosen from outside of our office city.