Manager, Technical Product Management - Esports
Job Id: REQ-0005401
As Riot continues to deliver and scale content to a global audience of passionate gamers, Riot’s Esports must grow to meet the challenges and opportunities. All of this is done whilst defining and implementing globally relevant and functional solutions. This means taking a pragmatic approach to solution development and creatively adapting to circumstances as they change in real-time.
That’s where you come in.
As Manager, Technical Product Manager, you will put forth the vision and all aspects of technical delivery for our infrastructure and other emerging products. You’ll collaborate with teammates to find the right solutions, and help them break down barriers quickly and efficiently whenever they run into development snafus. You’ll also foster an open, transparent development environment that keeps stakeholders in the loop through proactive reporting, visualization, and effective cross-team chat. Drawing on your experience in agile leadership, you'll build flexible development plans including milestones and deliverables. You'll also partner with fellow servant leaders to foster an open, transparent development environment. You’ll oversee and support a small team of Agile/Scum masters and this role will report to the Senior Manger, Engineering Technology Group inside Esports.
As we are a global game working with many studios, this role will need to travel internationally as permitted
- Accountable for the Esports Technology strategy, outcomes and drive for key results
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to craft a long term technology vision, plan for a roadmap, and prioritize development work
- Manage requirements, development, and maintenance of technical features for content production
- Manage stakeholders and track external commitments
- Craft clear communications on our strategic intentions
- Maintain high-levels of team happiness and individual satisfaction through regular measurements and actions to improve on them
- Level up a team of program delivery, leads in their ability to organize, analyze and report state of the business and project timelines.
- Manage the health and performance of the deliver management team leading with empathy and authenticity, building trust and inspiring them to overcome challenges.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience in product management
- 3+ years of experience with people management
- Experience managing technical/engineering teams as a product manager, producer, or program manager
- Experience delivering complex technical projects involving multiple teams and vendors
- Experience leading Agile or Lean software development teams
- The ability to travel internationally.
- Familiarity with League of Legends, Valorant
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $170,000 USD - $238,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.