Manager, Quality Assurance, Wild Rift Shanghai
Job Id: REQ-0006457
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
We’re looking for humble but ambitious, razor-sharp professionals who can teach us a thing or two. We promise to return the favor. Like us, you take play seriously; you’re passionate about games. We embrace those who see things differently, aren’t afraid to experiment, and who have a healthy disregard for constraints.
That's where you come in.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, we manage Quality Assurance professionals who work with all development disciplines to create value for Players around the world. We oversee end-to-end quality for our products. We are guided by Riot's Test Policies to develop the quality activities at every stage of the software development life cycle that set our teams up for success. Additionally, we partner with our team leadership and other craft leaders to arrive at more efficient solutions to everyday problems and improve delivery. We also direct and task other QA professionals, often remotely, to get our work completed.
As a Manager of Quality Assurance on Wild Rift's Shanghai team, you will provide craft leadership and quality ownership related to quality assurance. The Shanghai team is focused on delivering the latest Wild Rift experience. You will partner with the Shanghai team's leadership to bring quality products, develop a quality assurance strategy, implement the strategy, and staff and support the Quality Assurance Team members. You will report to the Production Lead of Wild Rift Shanghai.
- Manage the holistic QA workflow for a broad-reaching team
- Manage & review QA-critical data shared across the project
- Manage an outsourced tester team & their deliverables
- Create & manage test work and test suites
- Support bug investigations & bug analysis
- Manage QA professionals on one or more teams including remote
- Hire and retain qualified talent
- Identify risks, impact, probability, and plan mitigation
- 5+ years Quality Assurance Experience, with experience in a leadership role
- Experience in mobile gaming testing space
- Experience with test execution and defect management
- Experience creating test strategies for products
- Experience with test design, planning and control
- Experience with product development pipelines and workflows
- Experience setting strategic goals for teams to execute
- Experience managing performance of embedded QA professionals
- Experience working with remote testing teams
- Experience establishing quality metrics that influence strategy and drive change
- Experience working on MOBA games
- Genre affinity in the mobile MOBA space
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in gaming
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).