Manager, Infrastructure Engineer - Global Technology Group
Job Id: REQ-0006172
The last 12 months have been amazing for esports at Riot. We held our most-watched League of Legends Worlds Championship ever, and we ran our first global tournaments for VALORANT, Wild Rift, and Legends of Runeterra. On the back of that success, and in our ever-growing dedication to our mission to be the most player focused company in the world, Riot is doubling down on our investment in the esports and fan experience with industry-leading innovations like Project Stryker that will make our ambitions come to life.
That’s where you come in.
The Global Technology Group's mission is to ensure efficient production of Esports content, globally. As an Engineering Manager you'll support a team focused on building the infrastructure, tooling and applications that power Riot's Esports endeavors around the globe. You will encourage innovation, set and provide value to our internal customers.
You will participate in creating scalable and sustainable tooling for the local and global needs of Riot's Esports regions across multiple titles. You identify technical gaps and needs within technical teams and work with the feature teams in Riot to increase efficiency and improve processes. You will also lead your team with your experience of distributed computing systems and will develop high-quality, globally-scalable live services and products. You will hire to grow the team as Riot matures in operating multiple esports, creating an inclusive work environment.
This role will require international travel as we support global events working inside and outside the US. Expected travel is up to 40% per year.
In this role, you will report to the Senior Manager of Infrastructure Engineering.
- Ensure the team is building products that meet our high engineering standards
- Manage a group of 6-8 software engineers, broadcast engineers, systems engineers, and network engineers, coaching them, holding them accountable to best practices and their growth plan
- Create a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
- Partner with discipline, development and product leadership to develop strategies for improving team health and effectiveness
- Oversee the technical health of the product and taking an active part in its implementation
- Build healthy relationships with other engineering teams at Riot to foster cross-team collaboration
- Mentor engineers in best practices for the current product phase
- Champion your sourcing and hiring processes to identify and hire engineers
- 5+ years professional experience as either an infrastructure or software engineer
- 2+ years working in an engineering leadership position managing teams
- Experience with software development, including shipping one or more products on large code bases that span a range of platforms and tools
- Experience managing SREs and/or working closely with live operations or live services teams.
- Experience collaborating across departments to create solutions
- Proficient with Scrum/Agile development methodologies, specifically Kanban
- Experience building or maintaining global infrastructure, networks, systems at scale
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support Riot Esports events.
- Experience with automation tools (ex: ansible, terraform, chef, puppet)
- Experience working in public cloud and on-prem hybrid environments
- Experience building and supporting CI/CD pipelines
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
(Bellevue only) Base salary range between $156,000 USD - $218,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).