Manager, Game Production - Champions & Content
Job Id: REQ-0004649
Managers in Production at Riot work with a team of accomplished developers and guide efforts to ship creative gameplay systems, features and content.By encouraging teams to collaborate, we drive development, smashing through obstacles and driving products into players' hands. Managers in Production lead teams to concept, deliver, improve, and influence creative projects at every stage of production.
As a Manager, Production on the New Immersive Content & Experiences initiative, you will manage content production spanning across the Personalization pod for Wild Rift. You will manage the output and efficiency of the Champions & Skins pipeline that spans across our development teams. You will partner with product leads across both teams to ensure prioritization and holistic delivery of the content. You will create work systems to ensure that execution hits delivery timelines at the quality bar players expect.
- Create and continuously improve existing work systems to problem solve toward software development best practices
- Ensure content execution through risk management, team task tracking, product review, and quality validation
- Establish and optimize pipeline work systems to facilitate commitments, hold team members accountable, and provide consistency for delivery
- Validate the product roadmap utilizing historical data and projection methods
- Collaborate with our partners across Tencent, League PC, Publishing and League of Legends: Wild Rift to achieve commitments and develop more efficient delivery pipelines
- Grow less experienced team members through mentoring, coaching, and direct management to facilitate their growth and effective fulfillment of their role within the initiative
- Minimum of 5 years of experience shipping games and features in a production role (planning, execution, delivery, post-release support)
- Experience working with art, character, content pipelines
- Collaborate with external partners and internal stakeholders to define priorities, set expectations, and escalate issues
- Experience making mobile games and/or games as a service
- Knowledge of the MOBA genre, League of Legends, or competitive gaming
- Experience leading teams and coaching team members
- Bilingual Mandarin proficiency a plus but not required
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).