Manager, Esports Production Management
Job Id: REQ-0006335
As Manager, Production Management, you'll be the main Riot liaison between technical directors, floor managers, production partners, vendors and contractors related to the event and broadcast production. You’ll be the main point of contact for the Head of Production for live events, executing physical production and the related aspects/assets of the event (lighting design, scenic design, front of house audio, LED/projection, rigging, opening ceremony execution, AV production needs, regional partners, various player management needs, press needs, broadcast needs, etc).
The Manager, Production Management helps develop a forecast based on historicals with the Head of Production, Director of Production Finance, and Line Producer, and executes the production of the event within the forecasted budget. You'll act as “air traffic control” for all departments (business development, press, photography, game ops, competitive ops, features, etc) at an event, along with vendors and contractors, directly manage the physical production of the event: lighting, audio, LED/projection, scenic, and backstage. You'll drive and verify load in and load out (trucks, schedules), help vet venue contracts, and will negotiate the best deals and parameters for legal contracts with third party vendors associated with the event. The Production Manager oversees the broadcast crew hired on site, and allotment of that crew.
On site you'll oversee and manage the Technical Directors, Floor Managers, and Event Production Partner’s Production Managers and Coordinators directly on show execution, and make game time decisions on issues/problems that arise from the day to day operations that may impact cost or creative direction.
- In depth knowledge of Field, Event, and Studio Production
- Effective at managing vendors and contractors, execution of multiple departments and 100+ people on site
- Effective at managing full production departments through pre-production, planning, event, and wrap
- Owns the communication directed from Riot creative, and broadcast producer through execution and budget
- Fully understands and manages the broadcast process from pre-production and load-in through wrap of show and load out
- Know how to create a television show from start to finish
- All responsibilities are outlined above in the “Role” category
- 6+ Years as a production manager
- Experience managing budgets of over 1 million dollars
- Managerial Skills of managing multiple departments of many people simultaneously
- Leadership skills, knowing when to make the right decisions and when to give ultimatums, having the ability to speak up when noticing something is wrong or out of place
- Strong work ethic, self starter, self management
- Effective communicator between high level executives on down
- Time management skills for load-in/out & broadcast schedules on site
- Budget and money management of multiple departments
- Budget Management Software (MovieMagic, Showbiz, Excel)
- Team Management Software (Airtable, Monday)
- Working in Sports industry, having empathy towards sports fandom
- Experience working as a line producer
- Education: BA
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $136,000 USD - $190,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.