Job Id: REQ-0005702
In Compensation at Riot Games, we don't just act as a compliance function or make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces, and partnering with Rioters to get to an optimal, balanced, equitable outcome stabilizing micro- and macro-level concerns. We view ourselves as trusted advisors with deep craft knowledge in rewards and broad understanding across the employment ecosystem. Working in People at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resources practices are by combining the best of standard methodologies with your creativity and passion.
As Compensation Manager, reporting to the Director of Compensation, you bring deep knowledge to our people, product, discipline, and regional leaders. You act as the go-to resource for all things related to compensation, ranging from administering and improving the annual compensation cycle to creating tools to aid in data- and market-informed decisions. You own not only the analytical foundation of good pay practices but the education to level up the understanding by everyone (Rioter, manager, leader, executive) of compensation. You will dedicate time to growing and mentoring Rioters on the compensation team and throughout the company, and you will introduce carefully crafted processes to ensure programs work for Riot and not the other way around.
- Design, implement, and administer pay practices and governance to help ensure that Riot's pay programs are consistent, equitable, and meet our requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise to HR business partners, Talent Acquisition, and business leaders and make recommendations about our largest expense and most meaningful asset - Rioters
- Partner in maturing and overseeing Riot's job architecture and position management including designing fit workflows among Riot leaders, HR business partners, and the compensation team
- Participate in cross-functional project teams to drive key initiatives leveraging agile principles and design thinking.
- Develop communication materials and conduct trainings to provide HR business partners, managers and Rioters
- Manage compensation processes including annual base pay and incentive review processes, off-cycle review governance and job matching, survey submissions and results review
- Collaborate with the People systems team on compensation related implementations and improvements and administer compensation related workflows, providing compensation review and approvals
- Provide mentorship, oversight, guidance, and training to compensation teammates
- Stay on top of standard methodologies, industry trends and current compensation, total rewards and people compliance and practice evolution
- 8+ years of experience in a compensation or total rewards role with confirmed progression
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, state, and local employment law as it pertains to pay practices
- Comfort with excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets) modeling and data visualization
- Team orientation, with the ability to partner and educate colleagues from entry-level associates to executives
- Financial and accounting familiarity - ability to partner with our Finance and Accounting colleagues to provide relevant data and investigate outliers
- Experience supporting games clients
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Human Resources Management, or other relevant field, or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with international pay practices
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $138,000 USD - $192,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.