Line of Business Security Officer, China
Job Id: REQ-0006160
Riot Games was established in 2006 by avid gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. In 2015, Riot Games China was set up and dedicated to creating tailored experiences for local players. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve game experiences and beyond! We are looking for passionate professionals who can teach us a thing or two. That’s where you come in!
As Line of Business Security Officer, you will serve as an advisor to the region’s functional leaders, engaging members of the senior leadership team to understand, discuss, and advise on the intersection of strategic priorities and key IT and security risks, helping them meet their goals and objectives in a secure manner.
You will cultivate empathy as a leader in the departments with which you support and align, helping create a security culture that permeates operations. You transform the question of “Can we?” into “Should we?” — and answer those questions with “Here’s how we do it so we preserve the trust our players, Rioters and partners place in us.” You are passionate about security and risk management, and see security as a differentiator to enable the business through innovation.
You will evangelize security to business leadership, but critically also acts as the voice of the business unit with the Information Security SLT. You will be a key contributor to supporting the build out of the Information Security function in China. You are pragmatic and practical in your understanding of risk and security, but also know when to pull in experts and escalate. You collaborate and innovate with other security groups within Riot Games to help solve problems.
- Develop relationships with key stakeholders across local lines of business and gain a deep understanding of goals, products and processes, translating business strategies into near- and long-term cybersecurity roadmaps to further the effectiveness of the Security program
- Collaborate with InfoSec leadership to build InfoSec functions that align with and support local business operations and goals
- Advocate for the business unit by sharing specific threats, requirements and insights to the CISO, other BISOs and members of the security organization to ensure a business unit specific perspective exists
- Serve as an Information Security subject generalist, coordinating and providing multi-disciplinary knowledge, skills, and experience in security architecture, and security management roles and responsibilities with support from InfoSec teams
- Identify, assess, develop and implement controls and mitigations for system security threats and risks. Keep business-facing leadership informed about information security related incidents and cybersecurity-related matters in an effort to increase awareness and establish local culture
- Educate InfoSec teams on business- and region-specific idiosyncrasies in order to craft, deploy and monitor feasible, reasonable, implementable cybersecurity solutions
- Inform business partners of the risk implications of critical decisions by combining empirical analysis with expert judgment to assess and influence business decisions
- 5+ years of Experience in building, and preferably leading, a global cross-functional team
- 10+ years of experience working in risk management, governance, and regulatory requirements related to cybersecurity
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both technology/development and business partners
- Influence, persuasion, relationship management, team building, presentation, data analysis and innovative problem solving
- Experience in secure software development lifecycle, cloud and container architecture
- Experience working in Agile or Waterfall methodology and a deep understanding of phased approaches to the Software Development Life Cycle
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- CISSP or CISM preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).