Insights Analyst Intern (MBA)
Job Id: 5122
As an Insights Analyst intern you will use your expertise with in-depth audience analysis to inform product strategy for our games. You will make use of global data sets to report on game health and product performance, and work with game developers to help them understand the opportunity and audience for their game.
The Insights discipline helps empower Rioters' decision-making to be more data-informed. We're an interdisciplinary group of scientists, consultants, and strategists from all sorts of backgrounds who join together to represent and advocate for gamers around the world. We believe that illuminating the globally diverse experiences, behaviors, and needs of gamers is essential to Riot living up to our player-focused mission. We're a group united by our love of games, science, and helping others succeed.
We will do our best to match you with a product and team that fits your interests and experience, but note that it also depends on availability.
- Guide product strategy through in-depth reports on the performance of existing products and new product launches, such as gameplay features, new game content, and/or Riot platform technologies
- Use internal and external data sources to identify opportunities for product development and inform goal setting to capture those opportunities
- Understand the player base through analyzing engagement and purchase behavior
- Present results to audiences with a range of technical proficiencies, and communicate effectively with stakeholders about project progress and timelines
- Work with researchers on cross disciplinary projects
- Currently enrolled in a MBA or Graduate program
- Available to work full-time hours for 10-12 week at our Los Angeles Headquarters (subject to change based on COVID-19 restrictions)
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Strong analytical skill set capable of defining problems, and developing innovative solutions utilizing appropriate methods and frameworks
- Academic or professional experience in creating reports and presentations for non-technical audiences
- Proficiency with Tableau and SQL, Python or similar language
- Academic or professional experience analyzing large datasets, visualizing information, and informing company strategy
- Advanced in Spark and Python
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot Internships are paid, and we offer relocation and housing support. Interns can also participate in our 401(k) plan. You can expect subsidized meals, in-game perks, and the ability to participate in our Play Fund, so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games. The University Programs team also invites you to intern focused events so you can connect with your fellow interns and Rioters to make the most out of your experience.
Applications Close January 6th 12:00pm PT
(Los Angeles, CA only) Hourly range between $40.48 USD - $42.84 USD
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).