Infrastructure Engineer - Lead
Job Id: REQ-0004745
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working together with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has been expanding our footprint in Asia and accelerating our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That’s where you come in.
As a Lead Infrastructure Engineer, you will support the Riot APAC Region through a time of high growth. You will be a member of Riot’s APAC Enterprise IT team and work collaboratively with our global engineering teams, delivering value to staff across all of Riot’s Asia regional offices.
- Work with the Global Riot Infra Team to design and implement IT infrastructure solutions that align with global standards
- Act as the Technical Lead for IT initiatives and projects in the region
- Implement automation workflows that orchestrate the lifecycle of containers, compute, storage, networking, systems, and platforms
- Continuously audit/inventory and monitor health/performance of all network-connected enterprise IT assets, infrastructure, and platforms
- Create, maintain and review documentation for all our technology and processes
- Build relationships to collaborate across Riot’s global IT and infrastructure teams and work closely with our engineering teams to deliver value to our game developers
- Act as an escalation point for the local Infra team and assist them with complex issues or requests.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT-related disciplines.
- Industry Certifications: PSM, ITIL/COBIT, MCSE/MCITP, CCNP/JNCIS, VCP, CKA, etc.
- Over 10 years of relevant experience
- Works independently and makes decisions that affect medium to large projects
- Contributes to roadmap products at an individual contributor scope, including tactical implementation details and emergent responses
- Fluent in English
Required Technical Qualifications
- Scrum - Pillars, Values, Accountabilities, Events, Artifacts
- ITIL - Dimensions, Guiding Principles, Governance, Management Practices
- Automation - Ansible, Terraform, Logic/Syntax/RegEx, XML/xPath, JSON/jsonPath
- Bare Metal - OOBM, AMT/IPMI/RedFish, Serial/Telnet/SSH/WSMan, PXE/USB Bootstrap
- Networking - NETCONF/REST, NetFlow/jFlow, S2S/P2S VPNs, VLANs, STP, Port Security, IGMP, DHCP, DNS Records/Zones/Forwarders
- Storage - Block/File/Object, Thin/Thick Allocation, Deduplication, Quotas
- Virtualization - Hypervisor Clustering, Standard/Distributed Networking/Storage
- Operating Systems - Windows Client/Server Features, WIM/VHDX Imaging, Registry/WMI Scripting, DSC Management
- Microsoft Windows CS - Root/Intermediate/Issuing, CDP/AIA/OSCP, Templates/AutoEnrollment
- Microsoft Windows AD - Trusts, Sites/Subnets, RBAC/AGUDLP, GPO, Kerberos
- Microsoft Azure AD - SAML/SCIM, AutoEnrollment/HybridJoin, Conditional Access Policy, Privileged Access Management
Desired Technical Qualifications
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager - SCCM Architecture, Task Sequences, Packages/Applications, BitLocker FDE, Intune MDM/MAM
- Containerization - K3S/EKS/AKS Distributions, CRI/CSI/CNI Concepts, MetalLB/Traefik, FluxCD/ArgoCD
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits