Game Sr. Creative Director - League of Legends
Job Id: REQ-0005691
Game Creative Directors at Riot define and oversee the overall creative strategy for a product. You'll create inspiring creative direction across experiences that genuinely surprise and delight our players. You will help build the product strategy and tie the product's goals to the target audience. Creative direction is for the team; as the Creative Director acts as the intersection between aesthetics, story, and brand that evokes a visceral response in players. At that intersection you'll lead with vision and demonstrate incredible taste with a high quality bar. You'll represent the game at the IP strategy level and work with fellow Creative Directors to shape the future of the IP.
As a Game Senior Creative Director, you will report to the Executive Producer and will provide creative direction for League of Legends, the largest PC game in the world. As the GCD you will bring together, guide, and inspire a group of multi-discipline developers to achieve our multi-year creative vision. You will ensure alignment and cohesion across the game story, characters, and world. You'll make sure all choices fit the tone and creative feel of the game and bring their intended experience to players. You will partner with Entertainment and other game teams to ensure League of Legends is aligned to our creative vision across all media.
- Create a multi-year creative strategy that provides thematic cohesion for the game
- Partner with the Executive Producer to ensure League's product strategy is interwoven with our creative approach and long-term vision
- Partner with the Game Director to sculpt thematics that support the game experience
- Articulate the intended emotional experience of all aspects of the game
- Provide an inspirational north star that empowers creatives to navigate the unknown
- Produce artifacts that inform, align, and empower disciplines working in creatives spaces, especially art, narrative, and audio
- Collaborate proactively w/ marketing Creative Director to ensure one cohesive experience from the first ad or teaser to the final victory in-game.
- Foster a creative culture empowering and mentoring future creative leaders
- 15+ years of relevant experience with at least 10+ years experience in game development
- Operated as a key creative decision-maker on multiple games
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines to achieve a goal
- Professional experience building and communicating creative frameworks and creative strategy
- An excellent communicator that inspires by infusing a pitch with emotional intent
- Experience hiring and managing direct reports
- Operated as a key creative decision-maker a live game or games with a global audience
- Has shipped at least one game title as a creative director
- Deep knowledge of the League of Legends IP
- Background in design, narrative, or art
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $220,000 USD - $330,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.