Game Producer II - Unpublished R&D Product
Job Id: REQ-0006686
As Producers at Riot, we lead passionate cross-functional teams to create innovative products and experiences that seek to deliver maximum player value. We drive development, smash through obstacles, and push projects across the finish line. We meet and exceed expectations by helping concept, deliver, enhance, and influence projects at every stage of production.
As a Producer on this R&D Team, you will report to and work with the Operations Director to lead the team’s delivery of features and content. During early development, you will drive the execution of vital components such as our visual target and first look, our core gameplay refinement, and tech design foundation, and our development tools and services. As the project moves forward, you will drive the execution of features and content across the breadth of characters, environments, meta-game systems, and more. You will work with leadership to ensure that the team is delivering maximum value, and maintaining a singular focus on providing the best possible player experience.
- Lead one or more sub-teams in their delivery of features and content
- Manage both intra-team dependencies between sub-teams and inter-team dependencies across Riot
- With the support of the Operations Director, manage and continuously improve the team’s performance, health, and happiness
- With the support of the Operations Director, own and improve the work system, team performance metrics, and product development processes
- Partner with leadership to guide the team through Milestone Planning and Strategic Planning and Forecasting
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a Production role (i.e. - experience as a producer, product manager, project manager, program manager, or similar)
- Experience leading game development teams, setting up work systems, improving team effectiveness and health, and delivering projects
- Experience improving work systems and solving delivery problems for teams
- Experience applying Agile development philosophy and methodologies
- Experience managing product backlog priorities, writing user stories, and leading estimation and scoping
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working on cross-disciplinary teams with designers, artists, and software engineers
- Experience developing new games prior to launch
- Knowledge of the League of Legends IP
- Experience working on teams larger than 30 individuals
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past studies, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base salary range of $110,000 USD - $154,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.