Event Merchandise Manager
Job Id: REQ-0006679
Riot games is looking for an Event Merchandise Manager to lead and execute Riot’s Esports events and tours’ in-person merchandise sales. They are experienced in owning all aspects of selling branded products at live events and pop up stores, specifically consumer experience, inventory management, shipping and logistics, staff training and sales reporting.
In this position you will work alongside our CPX product team and global events production team to plan, manage and execute the onsite merchandise sales experience.
This role will require willingness travel for onsite management at Riot’s live events.
- Own the day-to-day planning of the event merchandise operations
- Attend and lead all merchandise activities at Riot’s global Esports events
- Collaborate with CPX merchandising team to forecast sales based on estimated attendances, inventory and revenue expectations
- Assist in developing and tracking the budget for the retail experience, logistical needs and staffing
- Coordinate and track shipments of inventory to storage and event sites
- Train and supervise venue event staff for the onsite retail experience and inventory management
- Work closely with Riot’s event producers and CPX team to plan, manage and execute the event
- Establish flexible reporting processes and for sales and inventory tracking
- Oversee the setup and deployment of the POS system and credit card processing
- Ability to provide guidance on the design and implementation of the consumer journey and retail displays
- Advise and recommend system and process improvements to increase sales, mitigate risk and improve fan satisfaction
- 5+ years of experience in merchandising for live events and pop-up shops
- Proven management of events or tours with large budgets, high inventory levels and significant attendance levels
- Experience working in a team environment, communicating and presenting internally and to event vendors
- Sound financial acumen
- Experience interfacing with players and fans
- Strong leadership and management skills of retail staff and brand ambassadors
- Experience working with shipping and logistics companies
- Experience managing digital POS systems, variety of payment processors and tech hardware
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Workspace (Docs, Sheets, Slides)
- Strong and effective communicator with high level of accountability, transparency and proactiveness
- Detail oriented, organized and efficient
- Confident in flagging concerns when appropriate, but consistently seeks creative solutions when challenges arise
- Experienced in onsite production and logistical elements of events, carton management, manual inventory counts, operating pallet jacks, dollies, palletizing and loading trucks. Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds*
- Ability to Travel up to 25% domestic and international to manage Esports events
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) This job has a base salary range of $154,000 USD - $216,000 USD + incentive compensation (annual [and long-term]) + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.