Esports Product Lead, APAC/KR VALORANT Challengers
Job Id: REQ-0006695
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played video game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
Riot has now put the “s” in Riot Games with the launch of Teamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, Wild Rift, and VALORANT. As Riot provides players more opportunities to engage with League and new IPs, the Esports Pillar is responsible for exploring and identifying new esports products to delight players.
That's where you come in.
As the Esports Product Lead for APAC/KR VALORANT Challengers, you will architect and execute the vision for VALORANT Challengers across the APAC territory with a special focus on Korea, and ensure successful delivery of events and content by working with global and local esports and publishing teams as well as third-party operators. Reporting directly to the Head of VALORANT Esports, APAC, you will lead and collaborate with various functional teams to deliver holistic, outstanding experiences for players, fans, and esports organizations in the VALORANT Challengers ecosystem in APAC.
As a Rioter in Seoul, you’ll join a tight-knit group of exceptionally bright-minded individuals who share our prioritization of player experience, rejection of convention, and passion for gaming. Riot Games Seoul is dedicated to creating tailored player experiences that show local players they aren’t lost in translation.
- Develop and drive an overarching strategy for VALORANT Challengers for APAC and Korea, including setting a vision and strategic priorities, establishing a roadmap, and developing a growth plan
- Create and manage the execution of the VALORANT Challengers budget for APAC and Korea
- Track the performance of the VALORANT Challengers product across the APAC territory, and present insights, reports, and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- As the product owner for VALORANT Challengers Korea, work with the production/operation partner to deliver the holistic fan and competitor experience
- As the primary representative of VALORANT Challengers Korea, manage external relationships with teams, fans, partners, and media, acting as a spokesperson when needed
- Act as an internal fusion point between competitive operations, events, broadcast production, business development, marketing, and regional leadership for successful execution against product goals
- Align with the Global and APAC Riot teams to ensure alignment on and delivery of the global vision for the product in each region
- 5+ years of experience in strategy, product management, or project management in esports, games, entertainment, tech, and traditional sports industries
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a relevant field
- Ability to create and manage the execution of a budget
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Korean
- Experience in the esports industry, especially as a product owner or project manager
- Experience managing and operating a budget with direct accountability
- Experience outsourcing work to tournament organizers, production companies, and/or broadcasters
- Experience leading a team or a large scale project involving numerous contributors
- Deep understanding of VALORANT, VALORANT Esports, and the esports industry in general