Esports Event Producer - VALORANT (Contract)
Job Id: 5440
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critical and player acclaim. As the most played PC game in the world, over 100 million play every month. Players form the foundation of our community and it’s for them that we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience.
You will be part of the VALORANT esports team with a new ecosystem in 2023 for our exciting growth region and play a critical role in ensuring players in SEA enjoy the different types of VALORANT esports events we are going to bring them.
The position reports to the Singapore Hub. You’ll join a team of internationally and culturally diverse professionals that share our obsession with player experience. As a Rioter, you’ll join an internationally and culturally diverse team of professionals that share our obsession with player experience. The Singapore hub team oversees the APAC region: Singapore, Thailand, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, and India. And you will be focused on the SEA countries and regions.
That's where you come in.
The VALORANT Esports Event Producer on the SEA team will report to the Manager, Live Broadcast Production, SEA. You will manage various operational tasks that ensure our Valorant esports events are successfully delivered in the region. This is a contract role with a limited term.
This covers VALORANT esports live events in collaboration with APAC and global teams, as well as coordinating with external agencies and our internal esports marketing and BD teams to ensure we deliver the best VALORANT esports experience to the SEA audience.
You must be highly organized and be able to juggle multiple projects at once. You will be required to carefully track project timelines to ensure our VALORANT esports events reach the quality expectations based on different countries and regions and coordinate requirements across internal teams and external parties.
- Design, pitch, and drive VALORANT esports projects from concept to delivery and ensure our esports products achieve strategic portfolio and business goals.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and advancement in our esports products. Help develop and implement solutions. Identify areas of improvement in which innovative and creative advancements can be applied.
- Provide updates and visibility on the project status to the leadership team and fellow producers. Promote cross-team collaboration by ensuring all members and partners are set up for success.
- Build & maintain close relationships with regional & local vendors. Analyze vendor capability and identify vendor friction points. Manage and brief partners and vendors toward the product vision.
- Improve internal and external workflows via processes such as red-teaming. Define & create critical response SOPs.
- 5+ years of esports product management and delivery experience in different scales of esports projects. Understand the quality control of esports live events
- Be passionate about FPS esports, and have experience with FPS esports events and ecosystems. Familiarity with VALORANT game mechanics and VALORANT esports ecosystem is a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure & meet tight deadlines when necessary.
- Willing to travel frequently (up to 30% of the year) and comfortable with flexible working hours.
- Experience overseeing the entire product of esports live events. Experience leading cross-functional teams in large-scale esports live production.
- Experience navigating and managing vendors, esports organizations, and government entities within APAC.
- Regional experience working across different countries/markets within Southeast Asia, including an understanding of general cultural and localization differences.
- Fluency in another SEA language (Bahasa Melayu, Thai, Tagalog) is a bonus but not required.
- Experience with working in multiple time zones (NA, EU, APAC).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive a lot of applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you take play seriously.
It is the policy of Riot Games Services Pte. Ltd. and each of its affiliates (collectively, “Riot Games”) to provide equal employment opportunities for employees and applicants for employment. Riot Games does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender, religion, marital status, family responsibilities, disability, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic pro