Director, Learning and Development
Job Id: REQ-0006334
Riot’s People team exists to help Rioters make better decisions around its talent. We bring our expertise to all of those typical HR activities such as hiring, on-boarding, training and development, diversity and inclusion, performance management, benefits, perks, compensation, big events, labor relations, off-boarding so that all Rioters can flourish.
As the Director of Learning & Development reporting to the SVP of People, you value learning and development to bolster employee experience and growth. You will partner with stakeholders to create a learning agenda that the People team will drive, leading the team in framing and designing scalable programs globally to foster professional growth. You'll drive impact as a member of People team leadership, integrating key elements within people programs and services including DEI, performance management, total rewards, and talent acquisition.
- Lead a team of learning and development professionals focused on developing and delivering learning for global Rioters for Riot’s core learning programs
- Through the team, deliver shared services support in the area of instructional design to all learning initiatives and objectives prioritized by the Central L&D team, Riot University, the People Team and the broader Enterprise Pillar
- Drive the learning agenda for core L&D offerings by the People Team and develop mechanisms for understanding and assessing organizational needs for core learning
- Develop and deliver on a framework and roadmap for prioritizing core learning objectives and outcomes at Riot including core manager and leadership learning
- Partner with Riot’s Diversity and Inclusion team to drive core D&I learning as well as advise on D&I learning objectives and opportunities in Riot University
- Lead and improve the effectiveness of Riot’s existing core learning programs
- Work with HR Business Partners, People Team leaders and leaders across Riot to assess Riot’s core learning needs and build learning programs that can be successfully delivered to a matrixed, global company
- Ensure Riot’s talent and organizational effectiveness programs, and other centers of excellence programs, have effective learning partnership and support the outcomes of those programs and initiatives via learning outcomes
- Through the team, oversee support and execution of all of the company's mandatory training programs, including reporting on compliance to policy owners
- Lead Riot’s education reimbursement program, including defining and driving Riot’s outcomes with the program
- Manage the Central L&D budget, including planning, monitoring and optimizing Riot’s spend
- Develop program evaluation tools that measure the effectiveness and return on investment of Riot’s core Learning & Development programs
- Continuously improve Riot’s LMS capabilities, including understanding broad needs across Riot, partnering with stakeholders to address needs with technology, ensuring systems, process and workflows are effective and refreshing content on an ongoing basis
- Partner as needed with various Riot stakeholders, including internal communications, change management, operations, legal and other Enterprise teams
- Consult, advise and support Riot’s needs and goals for Riot University and partner as needed on Riot University initiatives and programs
- Provide thought leadership and discipline mentorship across Riot’s community of learning professionals and support Riot’s overarching organizational learning goals
- At least ten years of learning and development experience, and at least four years of people management experience
- Professional experience in applying learning theory in practical manner, including adapting concepts into culturally and business appropriate learning programs
- Excellent cultivator of stakeholder relationships, adept in collaboration and building trust while influencing and motivating Rioters at all levels
- Experience delivering and evaluating the effectiveness of organizational development and learning programs
- Knowledge of contemporary HR and L&D research and practices
- Agile navigator through highly fluid environments with evolving priorities
- Effective storyteller adept in conveying information across multiple formats
- End-to-end program management skills
- Successful experience in developing and executing learning strategies at the organizational level
- BA or BS degree required, advanced degree is a bonus
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
(Los Angeles only) Base salary range between $173,000 USD - $241,000 USD + incentive compensation + equity + 401K with company match + medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + short and long-term disability + open PTO.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.