Associate Software Engineer - Gameplay (C++)
Job Id: REQ-0006583
Established in 2020, the Singapore Studio is Riot’s second international game development studio. Working with our Hong Kong Studio, Riot has expanded our footprint in Asia and accelerated our talent growth to develop games that deliver great experiences to our players. Our mission is to “scale Riot’s games to hyper-serve players.”
We partner with our LA headquarters on game development for League of Legends, Teamfight Tactics, and Legends of Runeterra. We’re also building teams for VALORANT and Project L, our take on a fighting game. The Singapore Studio is seeking talented, passionate Rioters with backgrounds in all areas of game development to build games that make it better to be a player.
We’re focused on working together to promote individual autonomy, ownership, collaboration, and inclusivity, so every Rioter can be their best while we boldly pursue games.
That's where YOU come in!
As an Associate Software Engineer on League of Legends, you will be responsible for supporting the League of Legends and Teamfight Tactics (TFT) team to deliver player-facing features. Working on features seen by 180 million players, you will have the opportunity to express yourself in a role that promotes a proactive and entrepreneurial spirit allowing you to learn from the best while perfecting your craft in the most unique way possible!
The League engine game is written in C++ and LUA.
As a part of our growing team, you will report to our Engineering Manager and work closely under the mentorship of the Gameplay Technical Lead.
Please note that Riot Games does not offer relocation packages for this position. You need to be able to work legally in Singapore without Riot Games’ sponsorship to be considered.
- Be part of a Gameplay Team that delivers features to players in a bi-weekly release schedule
- Create technical designs for new features and architectural changes
- Follow standards to ensure high-quality code
- Align with international teams on coding standards, engineering practices, and technology updates to ensure the longevity of LoL
- Be able to legally work in Singapore
- Up to 5 years of hands-on experience with C++. Technical Fluency is required.
- Clear understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Clear understanding of engineering practices & design methods
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology, or related fields
- Some Experience working on a Video Game (as a professional or as a Hobby)
- Some Experience working with Scripts (Python, Lua, Monoscript, C#)
Good to have Qualifications
- Some experience working with QA, test environments, and secure deployment
- Some experience working in a software engineering team (using source control, peer reviews, technical documentation, …)
- Ability to read/write and speak Mandarin to liaise with overseas teammates.
For this role, you’ll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies, experience, and relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experience, this could be your role!
- Full health insurance for you, your spouse, and children
- Open paid time off
- Retirement benefits with company matching
- Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability
- Play Fund so you can broaden and deepen your knowledge of our players and community through games
- We will double down on your donations of time and money to non-profits